Digicabi digital reading kaput

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDivine

Sep 5, 2004
andritei.zenfolio.com
Hi, it's been almost 1 year since I last touched my drybox. When I finally tried to use it again, realised the old battery had leaked in the digital reader. I tried putting new battery and it couldn't work. How can I fix it? :(

u could try taking apart the digital reader and cleaning it out.
might work when u put it back together, but my guess is not.

if the seals on ur drybox is still good and not coming apart, u can still use the box, just no readings only. if u really need the reading, can get one from the diy shops.

Try cleaning the dry cell contacts with solution, or some metal polish, close the circuit

If the battery leak was just at the begining stages, just clean up any fluids you see and rinse with water if possible; avoid getting the water into the whole unit if possible. Let it dry really well before you try putting another battery.

If the leak has there for too long (you see green stuff and rust), then its better to just throw the whole thing away. Btw, you do know that the display unit can be removed from the door right?

Thanks guys
I think the leak was quite bad, so I need to remove the whole stuff. Is it glued onto the glass panel? So I just have to pull it hard?
Yeah I think I will get the analog one later. Any idea where to get em?

Thanks! :D

Thanks guys
I think the leak was quite bad, so I need to remove the whole stuff. Is it glued onto the glass panel? So I just have to pull it hard?
Yeah I think I will get the analog one later. Any idea where to get em?

Thanks! :D

My digital display also went kaput some time ago, lucky I have an analogue as back up since day one.

Try any Home-Fix D.I.Y store, I found mine at the section for car accessories.

went to a few home-fix store, the cheapest is about 28 or something and it's quite big. I just need a no-frills simple digital hygrometer like the current digicabi one. Is there any shop selling ?
I heard SLT ? how much is it?
the last option would be to go down to Tagore Lane :(

went to a few home-fix store, the cheapest is about 28 or something and it's quite big. I just need a no-frills simple digital hygrometer like the current digicabi one. Is there any shop selling ?
I heard SLT ? how much is it?
the last option would be to go down to Tagore Lane :(

Big?? I am not sure what you consider big, but the one i bought has a cirular face and is less than 5cm in diameter. The package comes with a similarly sized thermometer.

The brand is ONYX, cant remember the exact price, but it should be less than $20.

ok got it for 23 at SLT basement shop.. pretty good, using the small batteries (like watch). Just cleaned up my drybox. damn the glass panel has some mould :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.