DigiCabi DB036 Dry Cabinet

Faizal Kattan

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
Hi

Seeking advice on whether to ditch this dry cabinet or just hold on to it.
Been having this RH issues right from the start but sorted it out when I called DigiCabi and was told by the tech guy to turn the dial to 12 o'clock.
Temperature was fine until yesterday when I opened it up to put back my backup drive and GoPro camera.
All I had in it at that point of time was just 2 bodies and 2 lens. RH went up to 61% and gradually came to a stop at 58%. Its now at 57%.
Should I just wait it out or should I be concerned now?
No issues prior to this. I've been opening and closing the door and the RH would just go back to between 48% and 51%.

Faizal

Hi

Seeking advice on whether to ditch this dry cabinet or just hold on to it.
Been having this RH issues right from the start but sorted it out when I called DigiCabi and was told by the tech guy to turn the dial to 12 o'clock.
Temperature was fine until yesterday when I opened it up to put back my backup drive and GoPro camera.
All I had in it at that point of time was just 2 bodies and 2 lens. RH went up to 61% and gradually came to a stop at 58%. Its now at 57%.
Should I just wait it out or should I be concerned now?
No issues prior to this. I've been opening and closing the door and the RH would just go back to between 48% and 51%.

Faizal

It usually takes a while for the humidity within the dry cabinet to settle down especially if your items are moist. Give it a few hours for the humidifier to do its thing and check again?

Temperature is purely for information purpose, the dry cabinet does not cool your equipment.

Thanks bro.
Will wait it out then :)

Yup, wait it out and see. How old is it?

If you already spoke to digicabi, I'm sure they would have told you about the option to unscrew the dehumidifying unit and bring that in for servicing if the problem persists. You can call them again to confirm.

I thought this cabinet is analog and u need to adjust the dial and wait for the humidity to fall and ... Then adjust the dial again ... Repeat until desire humidity. My is at 1-2 o'clock position ... 40% RH.

Not too sure if my experience/information is accurate.. I think the number of items inside may affect the % as well.. Room in my DB036 already maxed out and sometimes after coming back home with my cameras out of the cabi, the % is at 38 instead of usual 45.

Hi all, thinking of replacing my old dry cabinet, also to upgrade to a bigger size.
May i know what's the current value for money brand/model? Also good in reliability n after sale service.
Thanks!

I want to know too which is the better brand that most of us using now.
For me I use both the electrical cabinet with the dirty hippo so that both is controlling the RH

For me I use both the electrical cabinet with the dirty hippo so that both is controlling the RH
Dirty hippo? [emoji1]
Dry air is dry air. The technology is the same. Differences are in design and how the RH is regulated. (There's a sticky thread about it in Equipment section - Others.)
My Digi cab worked well for 4+ years, then I needed a replacement of the electrical unit. Six screws and a trip to service center, $30 and done. Some work well for decades, others need a fix after months.
Digi has a Service Center in Bishan, easy to reach via train. For other, imported brands you might have to deal with the shops. So just google for any local support.
I would guess that Digi is widely used, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the link.
There is no price list on their web site. I believe getting from the shops is cheaper than from the agent, right?
Is it DHC series is better than AD series?

DHC use digital control humid while AD use analog , correct me if im wrong.
Price wise i think not much different and website provide free delivery , not surr about shop though

I wrote to them for a quotation and bought it directly from them. I think it was the same as it would've cost from one of the usual stores. It was a painless experience dealing and arranging for delivery.

Later on when there was a small problem with the LED display, they were very prompt in coming over to my place to rectify things. Happy to recommend buying directly from them.

DHC use digital control humid while AD use analog , correct me if im wrong.
Price wise i think not much different and website provide free delivery , not surr about shop though

I wouldn't call that 'digital control'. It is merely a digital display giving the impression of accuracy which is actually not required in this case.
(Real accuracy requires calibration. But here, a difference of 5% to the displayed value does not matter at all.)
Here the link about dry cabinets that also details the differences between AD and DHC series:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481380

Last edited:
Buy from shop, can get better price if paying cash...

Buy from shops will be cheaper.

If the agent sells cheaper then the shops, they will be the only one selling their products, shops won't want to carry their products.
But if the agent sell more expensive than shops or don't sell directly to consumers, they will able to make more money by letting many shops sell their products for them.....

Selling lesson 101.

My 2 Akarui's still functions great after 5.5 years while my Aipo's has its power cord changed twice in 3 years. 1st one just went dead, 2nd one went dead when I accidentally shook the wires that connect to the LED lights. It has been 2 years since I changed the power cord and is still goibg strong.
If I were to buy my next dry cabinet, i would buy Akarui.

My 2 Akarui's still functions great after 5.5 years while my Aipo's has its power cord changed twice in 3 years. 1st one just went dead, 2nd one went dead when I accidentally shook the wires that connect to the LED lights. It has been 2 years since I changed the power cord and is still goibg strong.
If I were to buy my next dry cabinet, i would buy Aka rui.

I had one Akarui die on me, but it was more than a decade into service. My other 3 Akaruis are going strong.

I have one Aipo lugging along, but I do not like the design where a power adapter is used to drive the dehumidifying unit. Still, it is working fine, and where I am, it is easy to get replacement power adapters as well as entire dehumidifying units. My next dry cab will not be an Aipo as well.

In the end, support is the determining key. Aipo do not get good support over the years due to an agent going out of business. Akarui is the house brand of Cathay, and Cathay is big so support is never an issue. Digihub is also proven in its commitment to support. Dry cabs are not rocket science. If you can find ways to get parts and service for a particular brand, then go for it.

Last edited:
Mine is Am-Pro, serve well for many years but lately it takes abt 2 days to get to 45% every time i opened the door for a few minutes.
I'm not sure whether this is normal so decided to look for a new one.