Digicabi DB-036 Users Help Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Lam CK

Jul 2, 2009
Admiralty
glamphotography-ck.blogspot.com
Hi..i know this might have surfaced many times..i actually did a search on the forums and realised that there is no concrete answer.

I just got my cabinet just now and when i turned it on..its by default set at 70 RH and 30 degrees. However no matter how i turned the knob, at 9, 11 and 1 o'clock as suggested by the searched forums, it's still hovering at 70-72 RH after 30 mins..is there something wrong? Or i must wait longer? If have to wait..how to know where to turn the knob to?

I researched n saw a cser saying that her digicabi always stays at 70 Rh and got it replaced. The manual also didnt say must set to what o'clock and wait for how long. But i understand from the forum that it doesnt matter which position the knob is, just get the RH between 45-55. But my RH doesnt change. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Hi Gerald,
I just got the Digicabi DB-036 yesterday. I had the knob turned clockwise, till almost to the end.
Now the reading is 45%RH 29 Degrees and has been constant for 1 day. It only took 1hour from 55% to 45%RH.
I suggest you have it replaced.

just turn to around 8 oclock and dump everything inside
and go to sleep :bsmilie:

the knob is very sensitive, adjust bit by bit in mm
when u turn clockwise - higher power , lower RH
and vice versa

Hi Gerald,
I just got the Digicabi DB-036 yesterday. I had the knob turned clockwise, till almost to the end.
Now the reading is 45%RH 29 Degrees and has been constant for 1 day. It only took 1hour from 55% to 45%RH.
I suggest you have it replaced.

Wtf..really har? u mean when you got it and turned it on, the reading is already 45 RH?

just turn to around 8 oclock and dump everything inside
and go to sleep :bsmilie:

the knob is very sensitive, adjust bit by bit in mm
when u turn clockwise - higher power , lower RH
and vice versa

ok..i will turn it to 8oclock and see if by tmr morning it will change..if not then i will get it changed.

the experience with mine is ..
new: 8oclock, 45RH

when it reach 4yrs .. i realised i kept turning the knob closewise
and then it reached 12oclock and it *kaput* spoilt

so i got mine unit replace and i suppose it can last for another 4yrs

Hi Gerald ,

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. When turned on, there is no red or green light. Thus thought it's warming up. However, found out the next day that the RH still stayed at 72% !! ;(.

Called up the local distributor and got it changed one for one. According to the distributor, the fuse inside the dehumifier is spolit! and there is nothing much they can do except to change for a new one.

Going back to your question, is there any red (power indicator) or green (humidity level) lights after you plugged in? If there is none, then probably the dehumifier fuse is spolit/malfunctioned.

Hope that helps. :)

Hi Gerald ,

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. When turned on, there is no red or green light. Thus thought it's warming up. However, found out the next day that the RH still stayed at 72% !! ;(.

Called up the local distributor and got it changed one for one. According to the distributor, the fuse inside the dehumifier is spolit! and there is nothing much they can do except to change for a new one.

Going back to your question, is there any red (power indicator) or green (humidity level) lights after you plugged in? If there is none, then probably the dehumifier fuse is spolit/malfunctioned.

Hope that helps. :)

yes both lights were lit when i plug in. I turned it to extreme clockwise abt 10 mins ago and it dropped from 75 to 71 now..hopefully it drops further. But normally after you open the door, do you need to re-adjust the knob? Or just let it run slowly back to 45-55 Rh on itself?

This is no air conditioner. You can't expect it to drop immediately.

If you put your hand to the back and can feel the unit is warm/hot, then it is working. Depending on your room RH, it might take 1-2 days to stabilize. Have you put anything inside already? If so, the moisture from the items will also delay the RH from moving lower.

My 300L one took a week for it to stabilize and it was empty. So as long the RH is dropping and the light is still on. Give it some time...

Please spend some time reading this thread about dry cabinets. Hope that makes it clearer. Also, the dry cabinet is for long term storage; which means there is no need for quick drying a camera within 10 minutes or so. Opening the door will bring in humid air, so be it. Usually within 1..2h the RH is back to target rate. Perfectly fine and sufficient.
Took me 2..3 days to fine tune my 80l cabinet. Be patient and stop being worried about 70% for a night or so.

Hi,

I got a digicabi only for 2week. The first day they deliver a spoilt one I call them and they get it change the next day.The inital RH should be around 70.The digicabi should be in the blue zone around 1oclock for RH 45. it take about 3hour to drop to 50. I suggest u call them to send someone to check. I think it usually the Digitalmeter need to change.

Just give it a couple of days yeah. If it still doesn't work out, then maybe it's a good idea to have it replaced. Else, I won't be worried if I were you.

Thx for all yr replies...i turned it to 5 oclock until 11pm last night and it dropped to 53%RH. Then i tuned it to 1 oclock overnight to stabilise the reading. This morning i checked and it's in the 45-46 range. Guess it ok liao...will only put my stuff in tonight if the reading stabilises. Hope this "finding" will help those who are using the digicabi for the first time.

By the way may i check did the store that you purchased the digicabi from chopped on your warranty card that needs to be sent out? I bought from paris silk and they didnt chop leh. Shd i get them to chop before sending out the warranty card?

Thx for all yr replies...i turned it to 5 oclock until 11pm last night and it dropped to 53%RH. Then i tuned it to 1 oclock overnight to stabilise the reading. This morning i checked and it's in the 45-46 range. Guess it ok liao...will only put my stuff in tonight if the reading stabilises. Hope this "finding" will help those who are using the digicabi for the first time.

By the way may i check did the store that you purchased the digicabi from chopped on your warranty card that needs to be sent out? I bought from paris silk and they didnt chop leh. Shd i get them to chop before sending out the warranty card?

what's the reason for waiting for the RH to stabilise b4 putting in ur equipment? what u should be doing is put in ur equipment n let the cabinet stabalise to the desired RH with the equipment inside...

Gerald, glad your cabi is working fine :) I will also wait for it to stablise before putting my gears in (don't want it to 'stablise' at a non desired RH don't we?). But after opening and placing your gears , do note your RH will fluctuate a bit before it drops back to your desired level again.

Last edited:
what's the reason for waiting for the RH to stabilise b4 putting in ur equipment? what u should be doing is put in ur equipment n let the cabinet stabalise to the desired RH with the equipment inside...

Well coz im not ard at home to monitor the fluctuations..i dont want to take the risk and bring them in and later go back home to find that the RH is again at 70. I will put them in tonight when i get home.

Gerald, glad your cabi is working fine :) I will also wait for it to stablise before putting my gears in (don't want it to 'stablise' at a non desired RH don't we?). But after opening and placing your gears , do note your RH will fluctuate a bit before it drops back to your desired level again.

Hey xhui..thx for yr smses and noted the fluctuations. THX.

Well coz im not ard at home to monitor the fluctuations..i dont want to take the risk and bring them in and later go back home to find that the RH is again at 70. I will put them in tonight when i get home.

Hey xhui..thx for yr smses and noted the fluctuations. THX.

no problem! :)

There's no harm if you leave your cam one day at 70% (worst case if cabinet doesn't work) or at 30% (working well but wrong adjustments). Your camera is not made of sugar cotton and can stand a lot more than one day in high humidity (which is pretty much the same as using outside, isn't it?).

Status
Not open for further replies.