Digicab

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdEvA

Sep 1, 2006
etanphotography.com
hey guys, i just got a digicabi DB-036 today..

Not very sure on what stuffs are for what..
as for the tray, the full flat side is supposed to face up right?

another question is, there are two blue pads in the cabi, what are they for?

will the room temp affect the humidity inside?
once i got the right adjust from the knob, do i still need to adjust again?

also is there anywhere i can get an analog meter to put inside to double check with the digital display, in case of any failure, and how much will it cost?

Thanks

also is there anywhere i can get an analog meter to put inside to double check with the digital display, in case of any failure, and how much will it cost?

Thanks
I am not too sure about DB-036, but mine is AD-040, the flat bottom facing down. So if your gears sliding, it will stop at the rear. Check the tray. The tray should be can sliding out and stop when almost (80-90%) all out of its dry cab.

The two blue pads I don't know. Where is they are located?

The room temperature will affect the %RH inside, but not so drastic. Put not under air-cond and it will be ok.

The analog humidity meter I don't know where to find. If digital humidity meter, you can try SimLim Tower (some say SimLim Square also have, but I prefer SimLim Tower).

Regards,
Arto.

The two blue pads I think are for you to put on the plate so that you dont have to keep your camera on the bare plate.

Otherwise if they are thicker and have groove like shapes, then mebbe they are foam to keep your lens on.

:)

I guess Db-036 doesn't come with sliding trays. The two blue pads fit the two trays nicely, so i think one is supposed to use them to pad the trays.

Thanks

i put the pads on the metal trays to act as a form of cushion.. u can buy the RH meters from camera shops like CP or MS or J316..

once u adjust the knob to the correct RH, u can leave it untouched.. :)

thanks for the information, still in the process in getting the right RH @ around 50%..

as for the tray, it's fixed.

regarding the pads, the trays came with their own pads which was packaged together, the blue pads were found inside the cabi alone together with the tray mounts when i bought it..

thanks for the information, still in the process in getting the right RH @ around 50%..

regarding the pads, the trays came with their own pads which was packaged together, the blue pads were found inside the cabi alone together with the tray mounts when i bought it..

at what position is yours?

turn e knob to e left until the green led is very dim.. if it too high, turn a little more to the left till it stablises after a few hours.. it takes u abit of agar agar to get RH correct between 45-55%.. i took about 3 days to achieve the RH..

finally got 50%, got the cam in already, waiting to see if i still needa adjust..
still not sure whats the use of the blue pads, haha..

Hi wdEvA,

It's a good idea to verify the accuracy of the analog hygrometer that comes with your Digicabi with a digital one. You can borrow it from your friends, as you only need to do the calibration once (if needed). But if you want to buy the digital hygrometer, it is also available from most DIY shops, besides camera shops and SLS/SLT.

finally got 50%, got the cam in already, waiting to see if i still needa adjust..
still not sure whats the use of the blue pads, haha..

wats ur position?

wats ur position?

between 11-12 o'clock..
it should defer between sets, since i've seen ppl doing fine at 9 o'clock too.

had my gears in for the night, and it's stil remaining at 50 =), dont need to adjust again .. =)

between 11-12 o'clock..
it should defer between sets, since i've seen ppl doing fine at 9 o'clock too.

had my gears in for the night, and it's stil remaining at 50 =), dont need to adjust again .. =)

it takes how long to get there

din realli checked the time, as i set it in the night,and went off to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.