Digi Dry Cabinet DB-036 spoilt?

Jonathan Ang

Apr 6, 2010
Hi guys,

My DigiCab 36L has been..well..over performing since the day I bought it...

Regardless of whether the settings at green or red..the humidity will drop to about 21-28 ish.
Recommended settings is 40-50...

Isit an issue? Afraid my lens will run into problems XD

Hi guys,

My DigiCab 36L has been..well..over performing since the day I bought it...

Regardless of whether the settings at green or red..the humidity will drop to about 21-28 ish.

The dial should be set to the 12-1 o clock position for 40-45% RH...

mine had the same problem as yours. also DB-036... set the dial at the recommended direction and i kept getting RH 20-23%. then now i set it all the way anticlockwise, it shows 41% which is ok.. so i juz left it as that... maybe ours wasnt calibrated properly? :embrass:

mine had the same problem as yours. also DB-036... set the dial at the recommended direction and i kept getting RH 20-23%. then now i set it all the way anticlockwise, it shows 41% which is ok.. so i juz left it as that... maybe ours wasnt calibrated properly? :embrass:

Hmm....both mine all the way left or right also @ 20-23%...@@

Sometimes you've gotta wait overnight or a few hrs for your dry cabinet to 'settle down' to the desired RH you've set.Be more patient:)

I would suggest you to open up your dry cabinet for the RH to increase. Then from there, monitor again to see if it drops till the same level despite turning the knob to the extreme left. ;)

RH value goes up fast but goin down takes longer time...
open up the door for a min and u close it....
if both anti-clock wise n clockwise indicate 20+% after opening and closing it...
u probably gonna buy a new battery for your meter (the 1 tat shows e RH value).
If it still dun work after changing battery..then probably either the metering spoil or the coolent device spoil (i suppose tat's wat being called? anyway..is e thingy which require power up by using adapter)

RH value goes up fast but goin down takes longer time...
open up the door for a min and u close it....
if both anti-clock wise n clockwise indicate 20+% after opening and closing it...
u probably gonna buy a new battery for your meter (the 1 tat shows e RH value).
If it still dun work after changing battery..then probably either the metering spoil or the coolent device spoil (i suppose tat's wat being called? anyway..is e thingy which require power up by using adapter)

When open, it will go up rather quickly to 50% ish.
When I close it..both red/green settings will drop the RH value to 20% over a period of time. But very fast compared to the bros here. Especially when I read the first day some people take 24 hours for the RH value to drop...mine takes a few hours.

I suspect is calibration issue...@@...or my coolent device too powerful ?!

When I close it..both red/green settings will drop the RH value to 20% over a period of time. But very fast compared to the bros here. Especially when I read the first day some people take 24 hours for the RH value to drop...mine takes a few hours.

Another way to determine where is the problem is to buy a RH meter and place it in the box.

Mine is showing 66%. Any problem with that?/ :(

perhaps u might wanna unscrew out the RH metering n bring down to their service center for a check? (assuming issue falls on the metering)
or...like wat Daoyin mentioned, buy a metering n place it inside e cabin...no idea how much it cost..so.. u gonna check urselves...
btw...it comes wif 5 yrs warranty unless u lost your warranty n receipt?!...:)

Should be between 40-45% RH.Your dial is set to what position?

I'll go back and check. thanks!. Recently too busy, so since the day I bought it, I just left it there.. haha

Hi guys,

If you set the humidity too slow, the dry cabinet will overwork and the lifespan of the dehumidifier will be shortened. Too low a humidity can also degrade some of the non-metallic parts of your camera and lenses.

Mine is showing 66%. Any problem with that?/ :(

66% is within the mould growing condition.

Yes...well im pretty sure the meter is okay cause it can detect ambient humidity..70% + LOL

I suppose maybe the setting thing is non functional. Okay shall call for warranty ! thanks guys!

Yes...well im pretty sure the meter is okay cause it can detect ambient humidity..70% + LOL

I suppose maybe the setting thing is non functional. Okay shall call for warranty ! thanks guys!

70%RH+ can grow mushroom already:bsmilie:

70%RH+ can grow mushroom already:bsmilie:

as in ambient, if i leave the door open :):)

anyhow will send it down to their service centre when i'm free. It's a bulky thing need to borrow car....sians.