Digi-cabi users, need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0t0type

Feb 16, 2002
East
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just got myself a Digi-Cabi 60l dry cabinet last week. After running and tweaking ard for a week, the humidity is always fall lower than recommended, @ about 38-41% based on the bundled hygrometer. Kept getting this result despite turning the knob to "A" based on the recommendations I saw from previous threads.

Went to SLT and got myself another hygrometer. Was shocked when I realised there is a 11% difference in results. The previous one shows 41% while the one I bought shows 52%. Now I am confused on which hygrometer to trust. :dunno:

Fellow Digi-Cabi users who set to "A", whats the humidity you getting and is your hygrometer accurate?

longkangman said:
Since you have a 2nd hygrometer to test and get the result, why not call the vendor to verify for fault. You might still get one-to-one replacement.

cheers

Yah, I will give them a call. But maybe the 2nd hygrometer is inaccurate too? Haha.. i am paranoid. :p

Digi-cabi users setting knob to "A", what is your humidity?

Pr0t0type said:
Digi-cabi users setting knob to "A", what is your humidity?
I did not get the 60L instead I get 2x30L so I get 2 doors.
Both unit I set at around 45%~50%. Still in search of better 2 doors 60L to store another long lens.

i got the 60L one but its the AD-60 series...

its at the 11 o'clock position, and it will show about 50% +/- 2%

hope this helps...

EdOkH said:
i got the 60L one but its the AD-60 series...

its at the 11 o'clock position, and it will show about 50% +/- 2%

hope this helps...

Thanks guys. Looks like my 2nd hygrometer is reading fine. Have to send
the other one back.

Pr0t0type said:
Thanks guys. Looks like my 2nd hygrometer is reading fine. Have to send
the other one back.

Darn... you make me wanna get a second hydro... just in case ym digi-cabi gives a wrong reading

Pr0t0type said:
Hi guys,

Just got myself a Digi-Cabi 60l dry cabinet last week. After running and tweaking ard for a week, the humidity is always fall lower than recommended, @ about 38-41% based on the bundled hygrometer. Kept getting this result despite turning the knob to "A" based on the recommendations I saw from previous threads.

Went to SLT and got myself another hygrometer. Was shocked when I realised there is a 11% difference in results. The previous one shows 41% while the one I bought shows 52%. Now I am confused on which hygrometer to trust. :dunno:

Fellow Digi-Cabi users who set to "A", whats the humidity you getting and is your hygrometer accurate?
My dial is position slighty more then 'A' at around 11 O'clock,
in between 'A' & the RH% marker.I'm getting the reading of
48-55%.Using the supplied hygrometer n the Digi-Cabi 60L.

shamid said:
My dial is position slighty more then 'A' at around 11 O'clock,
in between 'A' & the RH% marker.I'm getting the reading of
48-55%.Using the supplied hygrometer n the Digi-Cabi 60L.

thanks for the confirmation cos i was about to get a 2nd hygrometer to verify the humidity.

cheers....:)

Hi,

I need some advice abt digicabi dry boxes ;

- which series is better AD or HD? Is the price difference a lot?

- if need to get a separate hygrometer only to verify humidity, where can we get and how much?

Thanks!

My Digicabi is facing some problems - the LCD display is totally blank, although the dehumidifier appears to be working (as verified by my independent hygrometer).

Anyone knows where we can contact to fix this? Do we have to bring the cabinet ourselves - its kind of a mighty huge item to be carting around.

The Digicabi was bought via an MO in the forums.

Pr0t0type said:
Hi guys,

Went to SLT and got myself another hygrometer.

Which shop n $. Think need 1 to confirm reading on my Digi too.

vince123123 said:
My Digicabi is facing some problems - the LCD display is totally blank, although the dehumidifier appears to be working (as verified by my independent hygrometer).

Anyone knows where we can contact to fix this? Do we have to bring the cabinet ourselves - its kind of a mighty huge item to be carting around.

have you ever try changing the battery for your display?

shawnlim said:

Ya, that would be a first logical step. lol

I was of the view that the LCD display ran off the main power

Anyway I went to check - after fiddling with screws and everything, there was a battery cover. Removing the battery cover shows no battery inside. THere's a wire running to the LCD, further confirming that the LCD runs off mains power.

Btw, the model is DHC-80 - anyone knows how to check whether the whole cabinet is working? I recall that a light inside the cabinet turns green when tis working but turns off when the RH reaches a certain level - my green light looks off - but my RH seems to be the correct amt anyway and therefore I didn't notice - maybe it was not working all this while but because the stuffs is in a largely aircon room, the RH stayed low.

shawnlim said:

vince123123 said:

You only need to sent the 'Dehumidifier Unit' not the whole cabinet,
thats what i been told by the delivery guy from DIGIHUB Distribution
The address is, 50 Tagore Lane 04-08 Markono Districentre S(787494). Tel: 64510010

So I should remove the "unit" from the cabinet? Is removal a end-user do-able easy job?

Thanks for your advice :)

shamid said:
You only need to sent the 'Dehumidifier Unit' not the whole cabinet,
thats what i been told by the delivery guy from DIGIHUB Distribution
The address is, 50 Tagore Lane 04-08 Markono Districentre S(787494). Tel: 64510010

vince123123 said:
I was of the view that the LCD display ran off the main power

Anyway I went to check - after fiddling with screws and everything, there was a battery cover. Removing the battery cover shows no battery inside. THere's a wire running to the LCD, further confirming that the LCD runs off mains power.

Btw, the model is DHC-80 - anyone knows how to check whether the whole cabinet is working? I recall that a light inside the cabinet turns green when tis working but turns off when the RH reaches a certain level - my green light looks off - but my RH seems to be the correct amt anyway and therefore I didn't notice - maybe it was not working all this while but because the stuffs is in a largely aircon room, the RH stayed low.

The LCD Does NOT run off mains power, it needs bettery to work.
Try inserting bettery into it b4 u send it back.
The wire that runs to the LCD is to cut off the power when the RH reaches your preset level.

Hmm, the battery compartment is empty when I opened it - how was it running in the first place? I'm asking cos I'm trying to avoid opening the LCD again cos it took a lot of effort to put it back the last time, with all that recessed interior screws...

William999 said:
The LCD Does NOT run off mains power, it needs bettery to work.
Try inserting bettery into it b4 u send it back.
The wire that runs to the LCD is to cut off the power when the RH reaches your preset level.

I bought a 30L Digi cadin a week ago. The digital meter works on AAA battery and programmable to set a desire RH value.

Have another older version that works on analog meter that does not need battery.

The 2 meters now show a difference of 12 degree.

Dont know if yours is the same as mine, but since u have detached the meter, why not just
insert a battery to see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.