Digi Cabi Readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverarrow

Jun 14, 2007
Lion city
The LCD readout show hygrometer of 39 at 29 degC after 2 days of stabilization, however, the led light is still lit.

What will be the idea reading for storing our lenses and camera?

Is the green colour led supposed to be "lit" always?

Thanks

it's normal for it to stay lit.

reading should be about 45-50...

Typically, IIRC, ideal humidity for camera lenses is 45% to 55%. Too much humidity leads to fungus in lenses. Too little humidity leads to drying of lubricants in the lenses and possibly cracking of rubber, if any

Seems like mine to set too low, will bump it up a little.

Thanks guys for the info...

RTFM!

Read the manual come with your digi cabi.

Manufacturer suggested 40-50%RH for photography gears.

Regards,
Arto.

my digi reading is pegged at 40 when stabilized. the red led usually lights up when the reading becomes a bit off so it can maintain the 40 reading. i think my digi cabi has power saver mode :).

I thought we are talking about 2 different things, one is temperature and one humidity.

mine always falls to around 30-40 humidity. temp around 32.

its already set to the max but the humidity still falls so low. any idea why is it like that?

You set to max?? :) Tell you what. Open your cabinet and leave it for 5 minutes. Then turn to the middle and leave it to stablize for a day or two. Don't open. When it stablizes, adjust accordingly.

okay. i will try that. thanks so much!

but what do you mean bby stablize?

Sorry for the spelling. What I mean by stabilize is that there will be a point where the humidity will remain pretty much constant. :)

constant >40 - <55?

okay. i will take note! thanks again!

That depends. Just leave it for a day or two and look at the humidity. If at desired level, then maybe you won't need to adjust much. Or else you will need to adjust slightly and see the change. That is for my digi cabi. I believe some others are different.

Hi,
I set it to max , opened the door , it increased to 54% and I closed it. After 7 hrs, it dropped to 39%. I have AD 120 . is this working normally?

Status
Not open for further replies.