Digi Cabi Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroman

Apr 12, 2006
just got myself a 30l. There is a knob at the back for adjusting the humidity... A green LED lights up when i turn towards the lower but turns off when i move to it to the middle. Is this normal?

Second question, the only way to know what is the correct setting (40% - 50% humidity) is to keep adjusting the knob till the digital meter stablise? thanks...

different model, but same here, so i guess is normal. You play until get it right.

just got myself a 30l. There is a knob at the back for adjusting the humidity... A green LED lights up when i turn towards the lower but turns off when i move to it to the middle. Is this normal?

Second question, the only way to know what is the correct setting (40% - 50% humidity) is to keep adjusting the knob till the digital meter stablise? thanks...

How to set your digi cabi:

1. Open the door and let humidity in until the reading reads 60-70%
2. Close the door and start adjusting the knob from the 9 O'clock position.
3. Humidity levels take btw 1-2hours to adjust. (Do not keep opening the door and adjust the knob, wait patiently before making nex adjustment)
4. Your final adjustment should end somewhere around the 11 O'clock area.
5. Give the digi cabi 6hrs to stabalize and it should stay a constant 45 - 55.

Caution:
1. Dont put ur camera eqpt inside the box until humidity levels have stablizied.
2. Clockwise means lower humidity levels, anti means higher.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Its normal, mine is at around 12 O'clock at 48% for my 40L. For me it takes like 6-8 hrs for it to maintain constant at 48%.

Thanks guys...
Somehow we are paying $100 plus for something that is not so intelligent.... :dunno:

sigh.... i actually put in my camera at first but decided against it..... thankfully.. this morning the meter was reading 30%....

You got the DB36 model... if you pay ard twice more and get DHC model then you will not have this problem...
DHC is digitally controlled.. So set to 50%, and it's "smart" itself to maintain to that level.. Where as DB or AD model is analog control.

You shld research a bit first before getting e cabinet.. Still, analog control is more than enuff.. It take me 1-2days to have the correct settings and then i have never touch the knob again. :)

Ya once the RH stabilize you will never have to adjust anymore. There after every time you open the door the RH will goes up 3-5% then in about 1-2 hr it will settle back to the original reading. Timing will depend on the amount of air inside the Cabinet ,the more air the longer it takes.

You got the DB36 model... if you pay ard twice more and get DHC model then you will not have this problem...
DHC is digitally controlled.. So set to 50%, and it's "smart" itself to maintain to that level.. Where as DB or AD model is analog control.

You shld research a bit first before getting e cabinet.. Still, analog control is more than enuff.. It take me 1-2days to have the correct settings and then i have never touch the knob again. :)

Yes... you are right... actually i was looking for the smallest one.. to be honest, i kinda of regretted... maybe should have just bought a bigger vaccum box... will probably be much cheaper....:lovegrin:

Yes... you are right... actually i was looking for the smallest one.. to be honest, i kinda of regretted... maybe should have just bought a bigger vaccum box... will probably be much cheaper....:lovegrin:

:bsmilie: Unless you have lots of big camera equipments to store in a cabinet, if not a big cabinet really eats up lots of room space.

I kinda like my DB36.. small and i stuff into one of the shelf~ :lovegrin: Saves lots of space~ but small means compact space in cabinet which i had to be very careful moving things in and out of the cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.