Digi cabi qn

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvinmah

Feb 1, 2006
Yishun
www.melvinmah.com
I know there're lots of drybox qns out there but I did a search, to no avail. Couldn't find a post/problem similar to mine.

I'm using DB-36 (digital). My dial was adjusted slightly more to e right (lower) for e 1st few days, it was fine.. 40-42% constant. Till it started to drop even more after day 3-4. And each day i'm adjusting e knob to 'higher'. And it still drops!

To my horror, this morning, e lvl was 21%. Is that a gd thing at all? I mean it's not supposed to be gd for camera equipment right? Too dry, it will cause somethin'..?

Oh ya, my room is air conditioned. Does that explain anything at all?

Your advice and help will be much appreciated.

melvinmah said:
I know there're lots of drybox qns out there but I did a search, to no avail. Couldn't find a post/problem similar to mine.

I'm using DB-36 (digital). My dial was adjusted slightly more to e right (lower) for e 1st few days, it was fine.. 40-42% constant. Till it started to drop even more after day 3-4. And each day i'm adjusting e knob to 'higher'. And it still drops!

To my horror, this morning, e lvl was 21%. Is that a gd thing at all? I mean it's not supposed to be gd for camera equipment right? Too dry, it will cause somethin'..?

Hi there,

For a start, you can try to open up the dry cabinet door to let in a bit of air, the humidity level should raise a little. Then try to adjust the knob up slightly and monitor it. Close the dry cabinet door to see if the humidity level still falls below 40% - 50%.

Having too low a humidity might dry up those oil/grease inside camera and lenses.

melvinmah said:

Friend, i'm using the same model and my dial is meant to turn left (anti clockwise) to increase the humidity. are u sure u got your directions right? urm.. or left for that matter. pun not intended. Anyway, I left my dial almost at the far left and the humidity is stable around 45%. Either that or your air con is working too hard to keep your room too dry. you may need a humidifier instead.

yes i got e directions right. Guess it's because of my aircon..

e problem was, e % still dropped despite turning e knob to higher (aka left/anti-clockwise).

turn all the way to the left (anti clockwise to 9pm) i.e. 90 degrees left.

this way it should be at abt 45 % humidity (at least for my case)
btw i m also same box as u

melvinmah said:
ok thx.. bcoz e salesperson told me to keep e knob at centre or lower (right).

thats wat the salesperson told me too... he told me to put at b but at b i got 35% !!! way too low.. so i turn all the way anti-clockwise and adjust upwards

melvinmah said:

try setting your dial to 9 o'clock. It should give you something between 45-50% when it stabilise. Search through this site. This qnhas been asked before.. .. I posted about it too.. .. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.