Digi Cabi or Aipo Dry Cabinet for Starters

At around what price can I get a dry cabinet? And it is that important to keep my DSLR in a dry cabinet?

At around what price can I get a dry cabinet? And it is that important to keep my DSLR in a dry cabinet?

You can save that 100 odd dollars if you want. But when you see fungus growing on your equipment... I hope you will not look back and bang your head on the wall.

You can save that 100 odd dollars if you want. But when you see fungus growing on your equipment... I hope you will not look back and bang your head on the wall.

Okies. I think it's very impt to get a dry cabinet then. So, it's around 100 bucks? I think that's not too expensive considering the amount of money that we're investing in our DSLR's.

Okies. I think it's very impt to get a dry cabinet then. So, it's around 100 bucks? I think that's not too expensive considering the amount of money that we're investing in our DSLR's.

Exactly. You will spend almost as much on a couple of filters or on a single battery.

A small 30 liter one cost 108.

I'm also want to know any specific reason to get the analog controller compare with digital controller. I though the analog controller will more deviate in term of actual reading the calibre/display reading.

Just like the analog watch and digital watch. The digital watch the precision is -+0.01s However, the analog watch the precision only -+ 1s

I'm also want to know any specific reason to get the analog controller compare with digital controller. I though the analog controller will more deviate in term of actual reading the calibre/display reading.

Just like the analog watch and digital watch. The digital watch the precision is -+0.01s However, the analog watch the precision only -+ 1s
AGREE!! i am curious as well and i do believe that digital are more precise, as for battery part, if one is worried then change every 6-8month.... probably is battery corroded / damage due to low humidity ? its just a guess thou :p

Last edited:
I actually asked that in post #14. Why an analog is better than a digital. No replies. Guess its purely a preference thing.

Cheers:)

beginners use a dry box and silica gel is sufficient.

Beginners and seniors got difference meh ? ..... Both protecting their equipment .... so better get what the seniors get , others have learn their mistakes , so take advantage of that

so its better to get the cabinet than the dry box?

No. Product Unit Price
DB-036 (CASH & CARRY only) (2 trays) 30x30x43cm
S$118.00
AD-050 (2 adjustable roller trays) 35x32x49cm
S$168.00
AD-060 (2 adjustable roller trays) 35x32x58cm
S$188.00

you may want to make your purchase DB-036 at the followings dealers:
MS Color(AMKHub) Alan Photo/Edison/Orient Photo/Song Brother (Sim Lim Square)
Photocam(Peninsula Plaza), (John 3:16/Alan Photo /Song Brother (Funan It Mall)TK Foto(Shaw Tower)
Mustafa (Mustafa Centre/Serangoon Plaza)NTUC Extra(AMK Hub/ Jurong Point)
Challenger

For models AD-050 and above
Price quoted above is inclusive of 7% GST
Free local delivery
Cabinet comes with 5 years local warranty.
Payment will be cash upon delivery.
To order, just email us your address and contact number.
For enquries please call tel:6451-0010
http://www.digihub.com.sg/index.aspx

beginners use a dry box and silica gel is sufficient.
I disagree with this, in long run it cost more, forget to check then fungus grow, you will spend more on cleaning. Get a dry cabinet on power and let it do the job

I have no preference either ways. But people may be talking about different things.

One is digital vs analogue hygrometer.
Only the meter with the RH reading. Digital or Analogue.

Another is digital vs analogue controller.
One is a dial, while the other you set a certain RH, and the dehumidifier will work to reach that.

like I said, I have no preference of one over the other in both respects. I went for one that is most cost effective for me. But I do have another hygrometer placed at the bottom level of the dry cab to make sure the hygrometer on the dry cab is not broken.

Last edited:
I just got an aipo 48l dry cabi. can get other small items also from the website to be delivered to your home. so far quite satisfied with the cabi and their service.
you can find aipo dry cabi from mass sales sgcamerastore.

Can tell me where I can buy an Aipo dry cabinet?

i just get the digi cabi on sat...
looks alright.... and working...
choose it because it is cheap!

i dunno what's wrong with my digi cabi db-036. The RH dropped to 66...stablized. then when i adjusted it lower and came back. it was at 75!

am i suppose to turn left or right?

i dunno what's wrong with my digi cabi db-036. The RH dropped to 66...stablized. then when i adjusted it lower and came back. it was at 75!

how long do u wait for it to stabalize...? If i remembered correctly digi cabi dial have a blue and red indicator....turn towards red more for lower RH.
Just set it to the centre and let stabalize for a few hours before deciding on further adjustments.....

That is the problem with semi digital cabinet. You need to adjust it till the meter has the required reading.
I would recommend AIPO cabinet as they are fully digital. This mean that you only need to set the humidifier to the required setting and the cabinet will have the correct humidility.