Digi-Cabi inconsistencies

spree86

Feb 3, 2009
Bishan
www.flickr.com
Hi guys, after talking with some of my friends, I realised that even though we all have the same model dry cabinet, our settings are all different to get the same RH reading. So I'm wondering if Digi-Cabi is making some dry cabinets with more efficient dehumidifiers compared to others.

Just a quick survey about what are you guys' settings, my friend and I have a setting of 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock and another at 3 o'clock.

Mine is set at 10 o'clock to obtain RH 47% for Digi-Cabi

1 o'clock for me to obtain RH 44%.

Anyway, i have spoken once to the customer officer regarding this issue, he told me that it is normal.

mine is about 1 o'clock RH 35 to 40%..

1 o'clock for me to obtain RH 44%.

Anyway, i have spoken once to the customer officer regarding this issue, he told me that it is normal.

Hmm so it normal to have different efficiency for different sets, first time I've heard of that, thanks for the info!!

It depends on the RH in the room you have the digicab.
If the room's ambient RH is low, then a lower setting is required.

I understand that but the thing is we all keep it in open rooms with windows open, I don't think that the RH would differ much in one area of Singapore compared to other parts

Is that so? Where do you learn it from? Any website that I can do a research? Thx.

I set at 9,12,3 o'clock I also get 31-33%. LOL

analog dial? could it be the resistance of the dial that's y different results? this is into the electronics liao. I'm not the best person to explain. haa....

analog dial? could it be the resistance of the dial that's y different results? this is into the electronics liao. I'm not the best person to explain. haa....

mine's around 1-2 o clock to get roughly 40-45% RH, n that is when i take my cam equipment in n out of it quite often. right now it's at 36% since i didnt take it out for a week or two.

Last edited:

Haha we are all using AD series so yup its the analogue dial version. Hmm interesting, I will go look into what you said, thanks!!

Is that so? Where do you learn it from? Any website that I can do a research? Thx.

In airconditioned rooms, the RH would be much lower than in open rooms, something like 60-70%, compared to 90+%. You don't normally notice this in humid Singapore, but if you live in temperate climates, the difference becomes more obvious.

Analog dials use a hair tied to the guage. The readings are not 100% accurate, depending on whether it was calibrated from the start. To do that, you normally place a damp moist cloth on the dial and wait for a while - the RH should increase to near 100%. There should be a small adjustment hole to turn the dial to 100% if it is not reading that. Then your guage is calibrated. At least those were the German-made ones that I've seen.