Digi-Cabi DHC Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mino

Sep 27, 2002
Visit site
Like to check any bro/sis using Digi-Cabi Professional DHC Series.
What is the actual flunctuation of the humidity value against humidity set value?

Test procedure:
Door is let open so that RH shoot up to between 70%-80%,
now close the door, this need to take 24hrs for the humidifier to control to reach the setpoint like RH45%.

e.g
a) Set RH45%, green LED cut off when RH reach setpoint then RH flunctuate from +3% -2%
b) Set RH45%, green LED cut off when RH reach setpoint then RH flunctuate from +0% -8%
c) Set RH50%, green LED cut off when RH reach setpoint then RH flunctuate from +0% -10%

Thanks.

Last edited:
mine set at 50, on/off at +2/-2

mine set at 50, on/off at +2/-2

Wha, good flunctation range on the humidity.

Which imply that if I get Case b or Case c RH tolerance, it means the de-humidifier unit is defective.
So bad luck, just replace the de-humidifier unit recently by agent and still a defective unit.

Seriously...

I never bother to check. Coz it's always at plus minus 1 % off from my settings... Never far from it.

Seriously...

I never bother to check. Coz it's always at plus minus 1 % off from my settings... Never far from it.

Do you place another meter inside the cabi?

Do you place another meter inside the cabi?

Nope.... it flunctuates only when I open the door to remove my camera and lenses or to put it back.

Wha, good flunctation range on the humidity.

Which imply that if I get Case b or Case c RH tolerance, it means the de-humidifier unit is defective.
So bad luck, just replace the de-humidifier unit recently by agent and still a defective unit.

strange... shouldn't the meter be controlling the on/off of the dehumidifier? i mean, we bought these more expensive cabis because it says digital control, so we pay for the convenience of having the meter take care of maintaining the RH

doesn't make sense that different units have different ranges... where is the QC in these things?

strange... shouldn't the meter be controlling the on/off of the dehumidifier? i mean, we bought these more expensive cabis because it says digital control, so we pay for the convenience of having the meter take care of maintaining the RH

doesn't make sense that different units have different ranges... where is the QC in these things?

These more expensive cabinet, i.e. Digi-Cabi Professional DHC Series which is digital control and the working principle as follow:
1) De-humidifier unit will try to control down RH value by bringing from higher RH set value to set value
2) Green LED ON imply that de-humidifier unit is controlling from higher RH value to lower RH value
3) Green LED OFF imply that de-humidifier unit is at idle state
4) The de-humidifier unit cannot control to bring up the RH with door still keep closed
5) Temperature and humidity outside the dry cabinet will affect the actual RH reading

So, there bounds to have some fluctuate in the RH when set RH is reached.
And, what is the fluctuate range that is acceptable.... ?

These more expensive cabinet, i.e. Digi-Cabi Professional DHC Series which is digital control and the working principle as follow:
1) De-humidifier unit will try to control down RH value by bringing from higher RH set value to set value
2) Green LED ON imply that de-humidifier unit is controlling from higher RH value to lower RH value
3) Green LED OFF imply that de-humidifier unit is at idle state
4) The de-humidifier unit cannot control to bring up the RH with door still keep closed
5) Temperature and humidity outside the dry cabinet will affect the actual RH reading

So, there bounds to have some fluctuate in the RH when set RH is reached.
And, what is the fluctuate range that is acceptable.... ?

yes bro i know. i have one of them ;)

just feeling that these should be better quality units... so i think u may have a faulty unit... it could be ur control unit faulty so its unable to keep within +/-2 range, as the dehumidifier should be just a dumb machine that turns on off on the command of the control unit

not sure if faulty door sealing will cause your problem too... :dunno:

yes bro i know. i have one of them ;)

just feeling that these should be better quality units... so i think u may have a faulty unit... it could be ur control unit faulty so its unable to keep within +/-2 range, as the dehumidifier should be just a dumb machine that turns on off on the command of the control unit

not sure if faulty door sealing will cause your problem too... :dunno:

Already suspect the just recently replaced de-humidifier unit by agent is a defective after going thru some self-testing and data collection.
(Don't forget the manufacturer of the product is from China --- QC level still not up there yet.)

Last edited:
I recently purchased a DHC Digi-Cabi as well and I've got a query..

There are 2 LEDs in the cabinet, a green and a red.. from what I understand, the green LED comes on and off depending on whether the dehumidifier is working or in idle state..

What does the Red LED indicate?

The piece of paper DigiHub calls a manual is only usable as toilet paper!

Thanks in advance..

i think
red - stand by
green - at work
both lights are always on unless i turn the knob off

2days ago both lights were off ..
send down for repair :)

mine is not DHC , old version

mine only have a green led which turn on when the dehumidifier is working. my lcd will also turn on blue backlight under same situation

no red led on mine :dunno: seems like many different batches

Mine has both red and green LED lights, but I noticed that the RH value doesn't fluctuate much, maybe +/- 2. Then again, I don't pay much attention to it.
I'm also interested to know what the red and green LED lights are for.

Ok guys, Octarine was correct.. wrote to DigiHub and this is the official reply I got..

Dear Sir,

The Red LED indicates power. It should be on all the time.
Only the green light will comes on and off.

Regards,
Wendy

Now the itch on my back has been scratched.. ;)

i am having some problems with my digi cab. the humidity is not constant. it keeps jumping from 30+ to 60+ and i got to adjust the settings the whole day long. Is it wise to like place it beside a window? It has been over a month and it doesn't " stabilise" could i have got a faulty unit? any advise on how to make it stabilise.

mine is the cheaper 30L series

if i leave the knob at the centre i get RH 50%
my question is the green light never turns off completely, it dims when RH is 50% but never is off totally.

also i note that if u touch the unit internally, it is actually WET! is this normal? there are droplets of water at the unit (putting ur fingers into the unit from the top)

From the instruction manual (assume you have read it),

The Red light is ALWAYS on (Power indicator)

The Green light: Humidity indicator showing brighter/ dimmer when knob turned clockwise/anti-clockwise respectively.
**Mine remains ON all the time

Constant evaporating moisture at all set points==> No way to increase RH if door is closed

Was told to set to 12 o'clock, do not place anything inside and do not open till abt 6hrs later. Thereafter, place items inside and fine tune (after 4-6hrs) as needed.
If you keep opening the door, the RH will NEVER stabilize

**My unit AD-050:
RH stablised at 49% - 51% (NEver open door after 6hrs)
Temp: 25-29 degress
Depends on whether i switch on the air-con or not

No water droplets anywhere inside my unit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.