Digi cabi AD-60 problem

almighty00

Aug 23, 2009
yishun
Hi guys i've got a problem with my digi cabi. As the cabinet's in my room when i turn on the air-con the reading goes below 35. But during the day time when its at room temp the reading reads 45. Is it possible to get a constant and stable level for the humidity?

cheers.

that's quite strange...
mine if room temperature it'll fo down further...eg. from 45 if room temp it'll go 30...

still under warranty? please refer to tech support...

There is a control knob inside to adjust the temperature to a certain level (40 to 50 deg) when it varies with the room temperatures to stabilise it.

Hi, However, the cabinet is not of a Digi cabi brand

the humidity should not be affected when the ambient temperture changes.

yeah..mine is all the way 28-30% humidity..regardless of the temp and how much i turn the knob..:(

Hi guys i've got a problem with my digi cabi. As the cabinet's in my room when i turn on the air-con the reading goes below 35. But during the day time when its at room temp the reading reads 45. Is it possible to get a constant and stable level for the humidity?

cheers.

The humidity is relative. In warmer weather, you have higher humidity therefore 45% RH.

However, when aircon is turned on, condensation happens (which is why aircon got the water drip pipe)

Your air is drier, hence the dry cabinet seems to act more efficient and the RH fluctuates.

You turn on your aircon very cold right? My aircon at 26 celsius will cause the dry cabinet to drop by 5% for RH.

I suggest you position your dry cabinet such that the cold wind don't blow on it? Let us know if this works.

hmm... any solution being able to keep the humidity in the cabi stable??

The humidity is relative. In warmer weather, you have higher humidity therefore 45% RH.

However, when aircon is turned on, condensation happens (which is why aircon got the water drip pipe)

Your air is drier, hence the dry cabinet seems to act more efficient and the RH fluctuates.

You turn on your aircon very cold right? My aircon at 26 celsius will cause the dry cabinet to drop by 5% for RH.

I suggest you position your dry cabinet such that the cold wind don't blow on it? Let us know if this works.

That's very technical of you, must have studied thermodynamics in your earlier days?
Anyway correct info.:thumbsup:

The AD series is an open loop cabinet, so it should be affected by surrounding air humidity.

cheers.

This is normal. I also have the AD-60 and it's the same thing. RH usually will not be too constant for this series so it's a trial-and-error thing. If u want to set at a constant RH then get the DHC series.

There is a control knob inside to adjust the temperature to a certain level (40 to 50 deg) when it varies with the room temperatures to stabilise it.

Erm.. this is NOT the temperature, but the target RH. Why would a camera need 40-50 degrees as storage conditions (provided we talk about Celsius). The temperature reading is purely for information purposes because the RH needs the temperature as reference point.
TS is talking about the RH reading of his cabinet. It's bound to fluctuate since the aircon is working and the dry cabinet is not airtight but open at the back.

I have the same model.

Could you check if there is a gap? I noticed if you placed the tray near to the lock level, the door cannot be closed properly.