Digi-cabi 30L working or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalfleo

Jun 20, 2006
Hi

I got a 30l digi cabi. I took everything out of the box and turned on the dehumidifyer to minimum humidity. It was around 72% after 2hrs reach 70%. Is this normal? :dunno:

Hi Bro

It take sometime, my it take 4-5 hours from 72% ---> 45% for Digi cabi 40L.
Patient, if it not work as expect , better call the camera shop.

Make sure the door is closed properly. If something obstructs the door the humidity will remain high. Wait for a day and than check.

I just got mine just now with the same model Digi-cabi 30L, it dropped from 78 to 52 in 5 hours. of course I did open it a few times in between. Ya, I set it to minimum, will check it out tomorrow morning.

A new set will takes longer time to settle down.
A rainy day will contribute to longer time too if you open - close the door.

If you want faster and better accuracy of humidity control, you should go for pro DryCab series. The one you have is non-pro series DryCab.

Regards,
Arto.

longkangman said:
Yes the DHC series. :)
Or maybe can modify it by relocate the knob for easier access from outside :think: .
Put a switch, and you have turbo mode ;p .

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Or maybe can modify it by relocate the knob for easier access from outside :think: .
Put a switch, and you have turbo mode ;p .

Regards,
Arto.

Dont get you leh the DHC serias controller is outside with the ^ and V button to adjust the RH.

Feed back to digihub and hope if they willing to listen. :dunno:

longkangman said:
Dont get you leh the DHC serias controller is outside with the ^ and V button to adjust the RH.

Feed back to digihub and hope if they willing to listen. :dunno:
I mean to modify the non-pro series one. Non-pro series have a knob inside (for humidity power setting). If we can move the knob outside, we can have better control of humidity inside DryCab (no need to open door to adjust the knob) ;) .

Turbo mode idea: We can set the knob max for half hour ('agak-agak') before return the knob to its 9 o'clock position. This will bring humidity level to 40-50%RH faster.

I doubt DigiCab will listen :embrass: . They don't want to spoil their pro series one.

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
I mean to modify the non-pro series one. Non-pro series have a knob inside (for humidity power setting). If we can move the knob outside, we can have better control of humidity inside DryCab (no need to open door to adjust the knob) ;) .

Turbo mode idea: We can set the knob max for half hour ('agak-agak') before return the knob to its 9 o'clock position. This will bring humidity level to 40-50%RH faster.

I doubt DigiCab will listen :embrass: . They don't want to spoil their pro series one.

Regards,
Arto.

Let me go check the component. ;)

Hi guys thanks for the replies. Confirm not working, humidity at 76% after one whole night.

stalfleo said:
Hi guys thanks for the replies. Confirm not working, humidity at 76% after one whole night.
When you buy it? Do you still keep the receipt? AFAIK, there is 5 years warranty for DigiCabi.

Regards,
Arto.

stalfleo said:

Give them a call here or bring it for replacement if still have the receipt

50 Tagore Lane, #04-08
Markono Districentre, Singapore

Tel: 64510010 Fax: 64512355

YMMV

stalfleo this may sound stupid but is there a light coming from inside your unit? Also you can also adjust the humidity via the control knob inside.

smtan24 said:
stalfleo this may sound stupid but is there a light coming from inside your unit? Also you can also adjust the humidity via the control knob inside.

Yah got 2 lights on. One red one green. Setting is at B. Confirm not working. :thumbsd:

stalfleo said:
Yah got 2 lights on. One red one green. Setting is at B. Confirm not working. :thumbsd:

plz do not say it is not working, if you are not sure if you have set correctly... for 45-50 the setting should be somewhere around A not B... 70+ is correct for B.

ExplorerZ said:
plz do not say it is not working, if you are not sure if you have set correctly... for 45-50 the setting should be somewhere around A not B... 70+ is correct for B.

My model is DB-036. Turn towards A is higher humidity and towards C is lower humidity. Or am I wrong?

Taken from Link
AD and DB Series

Cabinets with battery operated LCD digital hygrometer and low power consumption T.E. cooling refrigerated semiconductor crystal dehumidifier.

Setting by turning the knob clockwise or anti-clockwise, clockwise toward point C represent stronger moisture absorbing estimate reading of humidity level at 25-35%. Green LED light humidity indicator showing brighter and dimmer when knob is turned clockwise/anticlockwise.

Anti-clockwise towards point A represents weaker moisture absorbing, estimated humidity reading at 50-70%. Usual default setting from factory will be at point B humidity level showing 35-50%. Red LED light represents power supply which is on all the time.

Constant evaporating moisture at all set point, low power consumption, no noise, sound or heat. All estimate humidity reading is based on a 60litres cabinet.

So who's right?

stalfleo said:
My model is DB-036. Turn towards A is higher humidity and towards C is lower humidity. Or am I wrong?

Taken from Link
AD and DB Series

Cabinets with battery operated LCD digital hygrometer and low power consumption T.E. cooling refrigerated semiconductor crystal dehumidifier.

Setting by turning the knob clockwise or anti-clockwise, clockwise toward point C represent stronger moisture absorbing estimate reading of humidity level at 25-35%. Green LED light humidity indicator showing brighter and dimmer when knob is turned clockwise/anticlockwise.

Anti-clockwise towards point A represents weaker moisture absorbing, estimated humidity reading at 50-70%. Usual default setting from factory will be at point B humidity level showing 35-50%. Red LED light represents power supply which is on all the time.

Constant evaporating moisture at all set point, low power consumption, no noise, sound or heat. All estimate humidity reading is based on a 60litres cabinet.

So who's right?

try it and you know :bsmilie:, from what i know most digi-cabi user who uses the AD series turn to 9pm for 45-55%, it sld apply to urs as well. i own a AD-80 and was 2pid enuff to trust the manual until i tried playing with it for 2days

ExplorerZ said:
try it and you know :bsmilie:, from what i know most digi-cabi user who uses the AD series turn to 9pm for 45-55%, it sld apply to urs as well. i own a AD-80 and was 2pid enuff to trust the manual until i tried playing with it for 2days

Hey thanks for helping. Just tried setting to A. Took everything out. 2hrs and the humidity stayed the same at 76%. Now I announce confirm spoil. :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.