Digi Cabi 30L Dry Cabinet query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geordie

Dec 15, 2005
I understand that for keeping cameras, the humidity settings is abt 45%-55%.

In my digi cabi, there are 3 settings, A, B & C. When i turn the meter to the 3 different modes for testing, and the humidity still falls below 45%. Anyone of you out there have got this same cabinet and can share wif me what setting u used?

Geordie said:
I understand that for keeping cameras, the humidity settings is abt 45%-55%.

In my digi cabi, there are 3 settings, A, B & C. When i turn the meter to the 3 different modes for testing, and the humidity still falls below 45%. Anyone of you out there have got this same cabinet and can share wif me what setting u used?

Hi there,

You can try to set it to Point B or around that region, it should help to maintain the humidity at 40% - 50%. If not, simply open up the dry cabinet door a bit to let in some air so that the humidity level will increase then close the door and monitor if it still drops below 45%.

I have the same problem as u. Even on the higher settings, the humidity will easily plunge below 40%. I just make sure i take out my eq to use a few times a week.

thanks for the tips bros

juz curious how much u guys bought it for? I tot i got a bargain when the shop qoute me $95... now im thinking otherwise :think:

Geordie said:
thanks for the tips bros

juz curious how much u guys bought it for? I tot i got a bargain when the shop qoute me $95... now im thinking otherwise :think:

and i thought i got mine at $97 is already a bargain....:sweat:

no la...u try turning it to the 9pm position i.e. 45 degrees to the left, it should stay at around 45%..
i also had the problem of too low humidity and i got to turn the knob all the way anti clockwise and adjust from there

OT, but what is the problem if the humidity goes below 45 degrees?

cyber_m0nkey said:
OT, but what is the problem if the humidity goes below 45 degrees?

the oil and grease in the camera and lens might dry up, and using it wont be that smooth/cause friction etc..
and the rubber coating might peel (extreme case)

kcuf2 said:
the oil and grease in the camera and lens might dry up, and using it wont be that smooth/cause friction etc..
and the rubber coating might peel (extreme case)

Makes sense, thanks!

For digi cabi dry cabinets, did u guys sent in the warranty?

Or we can juz bring the warranty and receipe for any repairs, like the way how nikon works?

Geordie said:
For digi cabi dry cabinets, did u guys sent in the warranty?

Or we can juz bring the warranty and receipe for any repairs, like the way how nikon works?

The warranty card is nothing more then a method of collecting information for marketing purposes. The only thing you need for warranty repairs is the receipt. The manufacturer knows what the relevant warranty period is and it starts from the date on the receipt, not the date you choose to write on the warranty card.

THanks monkey! saved me the trip to the shop to get the dealer's chopped

Status
Not open for further replies.