Digi Cab Cabinet RH setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjtcity

Jun 23, 2009
Hi guys,

Need some advice.
I have been trying to adjust the cabinet to get a RH of about 40-50%.

Currently the counter is turned to 9 o'clock position and manage to get 44%, But the green light will not be lighted up in this position, is this ok?

Thanks.

That just means it's not switched on right now since it's hit it's target humidity.

hmmm....another noob Q!

is the yellow led light supposed to be on all the time or wat? still very confused...

some say 9 o'clock, 11-12 or 1-2....mine currently set to 1-2 o'clock @ 46%RH

As long as your cab is able to hold the RH steady and in the range you want, there's no need for such worry. I had mine replaced recently because no matter how the dial is being turned, the RH does not change (stayed at 70). So don't worry la.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice.

I am just thinking does the counter position to control the humidity has anything to do with how high you stay? It may sound stupid to ask but you never know.

Mine is at 9 o'clock postion (40%+), staying at 14 flr.

What about u guys?

Thanks.

Altitude? :bigeyes: :sweat: ... the difference in atmospheric pressure is a bit too low to play any measurable role here. But temperature in the room and the presence of a working aircon will affect the dry cabinet and the settings (especially if you have an analogue system).
Have some reading here, nice collection of facts and explanations about dry cabinets. Google the technical terms (Wikipedia also helps).

Wow this is a first. :sweat:

I think Octarine gave a good opinion on the surrounding humidity and temperature having more influence than the atmospheric pressure. If your dial needs to be at the 9 o'clock position to get to your desired RH% then that is your setting, you probably do not need to worry too much about it. :p
...does the counter position to control the humidity has anything to do with how high you stay?

Hi Octarine,

Thanks for the link, it is very helpful.

and thanks all guys on this advice on the RH setting.

Agree with Entity. Just focus on getting the desired RH and don't be too concerned about the dial position ;)

Wow this is a first. :sweat:

I think Octarine gave a good opinion on the surrounding humidity and temperature having more influence than the atmospheric pressure. If your dial needs to be at the 9 o'clock position to get to your desired RH% then that is your setting, you probably do not need to worry too much about it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.