Digi-black & whiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
sounds weird hor?
me I am a lazy bum who thinks tinkering in photoshop is done for REALLY bad pix...

ok main topic:
I wanna do black and white on my digicam [olyc2100uz] and the greyscales look quite uncool.
reading around I realised BnW film polarises blue end of spectrum, i.e. darker and red side is lightened...

HENCE, I was thinking of getting an orange filter to simulate the colour polarising ( from cheapo trails I tried in photophop) so as to get a BnW curve that matches BnW film...

Plausible? anyone advise on which orange gel to get? i.e. how dark the gel how translucent, if got specific model etc...

Thank you all....

Have you tried out the B&W filters available for photoshop? They attempt to stimulate B&W films, not merely just desaturating colours.

those need to buy mah... I can get similar results in photoshop with just overlays... why bother...

well the thing is I want to take the pics all ready to go... no PS

Originally posted by denizenx
those need to buy mah... I can get similar results in photoshop with just overlays... why bother...

well the thing is I want to take the pics all ready to go... no PS

Trouble is, when you set your digicam to B&W mode or do a straight grayscale conversion in photoshop, the output never matches the tonality of a real B&W print. If you've seen real B&W prints, you will know what I mean. The straight-from-the-cam B&W and straight PS-converted-to-grayscale ones lack that special feel.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.