Diffuser for Fashion shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

muvouser

Oct 2, 2006
Do you use a diffuser such as an Omnibounce or Lightsphere when you shoot model show in places like shopping centres?

Do I even need to use one for such occasions?

lightsphere would be great if u are pretty close to the model!

assuming I am not very near to the model say using focal length of 150mm at half body shot? Will direct flash give a harsh effect? Will omni bounce even work at this distance?

nope, i believe direct flash wouldn't do much harm, especially since you're not that close ...omnibounce or LS may diffuse your flash too much .. and it'll also flash any other on-lookers ... not very polite .. may kenna beaten up .. :S

Softness of light come from the size of the light source. eg, sunny day you have harsh shadows, cloudy day you have soft shadows.

Omnibounce work best in a small enclosure areas, with walls and ceiling, same as LS PJ or bounce card.

If the subject is 20'~30' away from you, there is not much difference between a 1.5"x2.5" and a 2"x3" or a 4”x6” light source in a open area, only wasting flash power.

nope, i believe direct flash wouldn't do much harm, especially since you're not that close ...omnibounce or LS may diffuse your flash too much .. and it'll also flash any other on-lookers ... not very polite .. may kenna beaten up .. :S

haha... so true. Mmm, catchlights is very correct - if out in the open, diffuser not much use, especially when you're quite far away - unless you're at the front. I'd recommend the flip-it! though. personally use it... excellent stuff works best around 3m+

Status
Not open for further replies.