diffuser for built in flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electron

Jan 11, 2008
I find that the built in flash at night is too harsh, and sometimes even for fill light in the day. I just use whatever translucent material is at hand (mostly my lens wrapper) to diffuse the light. Is there a special diffuser for the built-in flash? Or do most people just wing it and make their own DIY?

Yes, there is a few brand producing it. Think all reputable have stock for it.

do you know that you can make the flash less intense by camera settings?

i know nikon cameras can, not sure about the other brands

some of my macros are shot with just the pop up flash

do you know that you can make the flash less intense by camera settings?

i know nikon cameras can, not sure about the other brands

some of my macros are shot with just the pop up flash

Ok, still new to the 450d but don't remember reading anything about it. Lemme look through the manual again....

Ok, still new to the 450d but don't remember reading anything about it. Lemme look through the manual again....

on a nikon it is the +/- flash exposure

when you - flash exposure the flash intensity is reduced and if you balance that with the ambient light, then the result will look more natural, try it

on a nikon it is the +/- flash exposure

when you - flash exposure the flash intensity is reduced and if you balance that with the ambient light, then the result will look more natural, try it

I tried it. And it works! Thanks Ortega :thumbsup:

get the fake gary fong puffer at 10$ at OP. simple and save time.

as for using the diffuser is for a softer light, not less light. there maybe less light when u -FEC, but its still hard light and causes hard shadows. (unless u do want hard shadows...)

get the fake gary fong puffer at 10$ at OP. simple and save time.

as for using the diffuser is for a softer light, not less light. there maybe less light when u -FEC, but its still hard light and causes hard shadows. (unless u do want hard shadows...)

I have the same problem especially when i am using a wide angle (Sigma 10-20/ Nikon 18-200 at 18 mm). The flash diffuser (SGD 10 fr OP) works wonderfully!

Status
Not open for further replies.