Difficulty in taking photograph of dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cast123

Nov 28, 2003
Spore
Visit site
Just went to the dog show yesterday, took some shot at them. But almost all the pics turn out to be blurr :cry: . Wonder is it difficult to take photograph of dogs :dunno: ?Difficult to get them to sit still :think:

NiVleK said:
Hows the lighting condition? Maybe your shutter speed was below the hand holding limit?

is 1/60 the normal standard?

its always the lighting... Lighting is everything. DOgs dun really stay still, but if its under a good dose of sunlight, it should be no problem.

NiVleK said:
Hows the lighting condition? Maybe your shutter speed was below the hand holding limit?

might be lighting as its held indoor at the Expo :think:

Then in this case shoot using Aperture piority mode or Shutter mode is more appropriate :dunno: pardon my ignorance as i'm really a newbie in photography :sweat: not much knowledge about technical aspect :embrass:

depends on the camera u have...

if you using something with a external flash, den mount on a omnibounce, den use red eye reduction, den shoot with shutter priority... since u wan clear pics, u should set to fast shutter. but fast shutter = darker pics, so u have to use flash. den direct flash will get very washed out pics or over exposed front... den when u bounce from an expo ceiling... i think unless the flash really powerful... if not will not be able to bounce back... so using omnibounce or bounce card is better. den red eye reduction to prevent seeing this spot in the dog's eye...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
depends on the camera u have...

if you using something with a external flash, den mount on a omnibounce, den use red eye reduction, den shoot with shutter priority... since u wan clear pics, u should set to fast shutter. but fast shutter = darker pics, so u have to use flash. den direct flash will get very washed out pics or over exposed front... den when u bounce from an expo ceiling... i think unless the flash really powerful... if not will not be able to bounce back... so using omnibounce or bounce card is better. den red eye reduction to prevent seeing this spot in the dog's eye...

I own a fuji s602z.

Wah useful info. :) Tks bro Del_CtrlnoAlt :thumbsup: so flash is very important ? :think:
Initially i think the built in flash is enough for my usage but after ur explaination, then realise the need for a exteranl flash liao :think:

no problem... actually at 1st i thought external flash like useless 1, den use the built in flash is good enough, until learning bouncing, den i understand the proper use of the flash.

sorry bro paul, most of the pics was blur, hardly any that was without camera shake :embrass: . next time ba. let me try out more first.But if u interested there's another dog show comming up on aug at singapore expo.

You could try shouting "SIT" before taking a pic of them. Well, "SIT" is the international language for dogs... :D

baileys1 said:
You could try shouting "SIT" before taking a pic of them. Well, "SIT" is the international language for dogs... :D

lol :D true true :D

Status
Not open for further replies.