difficult decision: To ride or not to ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringoping

Dec 2, 2007
Done a shoot with my friend. Was browsing thru and notice this picture. It gave me a feeling that the rider is making decision at the point of time as whether to give up riding or not as he had lost all his riding kakis. Riding alone is lonely for him. Did the picture relate the same message across to you when you look at it?

I purposely left the yellow road markings as lead-in lines towards the empty road/bridge to emphaize that he is riding alone. I wonder is this lead-in line appropriate?

comments welcomed!

IMG_2943_edited_web.jpg

Done a shoot with my friend. Was browsing thru and notice this picture. It gave me a feeling that the rider is making decision at the point of time as whether to give up riding or not as he had lost all his riding kakis. Riding alone is lonely for him. Did the picture relate the same message across to you when you look at it?

Hm, for me, I don't really get the 'he wants to give up' feeling. But then I guess that's a pretty hard feeling to capture. I like the shot though.

Maybe with the helmet taken down while looking back might have a better impact in this photo..
Just my 2 cents...

anyway, nice shot :thumbsup:

like the colours and composition.

as for the depiction, i dun get wad u wanna express as well. wad i felt was more like being lonely (from the empty road), and seeking or awaiting company (from the rider looking out into the empty road).

Now this is the kind of shots I love, very nice!

As for the title, I'm not sure if it well suited to the photo. From the rider's perspective, he's probably looking back at the roads he has travelled.

What kind of lens did you use for this?

He's way out in-front, waiting for buddy to catch up, taking a rest.

Wonderful composition & detail on rider/bike. Love it.

nice work... can share how u isolate the background color from him so sharp.. for me i have to zoom in nearly all the way to mask it pixels by pixels.. probably u have an easier way..

Thk you all for yr encouragement and motivation! glad you guys like the pic!

Now this is the kind of shots I love, very nice!

As for the title, I'm not sure if it well suited to the photo. From the rider's perspective, he's probably looking back at the roads he has travelled.

What kind of lens did you use for this?

I m using a 50mm 1.8.

nice work... can share how u isolate the background color from him so sharp.. for me i have to zoom in nearly all the way to mask it pixels by pixels.. probably u have an easier way..

I also zoomed-in during masking, maybe you can take note of the hardness of the brush when u going through the "borders''. I usually adjust the hardness when 'painting' the borders. Try it!

Maybe with the helmet taken down while looking back might have a better impact in this photo..
Just my 2 cents...

anyway, nice shot :thumbsup:

noted, will consider this for the next shoot

Last edited:
for me its like... when the ***** are they comming??? WE ARE LATE!! lol but its just my thinking lol
coz his posture gives me a feel that he might be abit annoyed lol

*peace*

I like the colours but composition wise... its ok but i would prefer if there were more road in the picture or the biker is smaller... then can show like the vastness of the road etc... nice yellow lines... but i think that maybe cos you tried to put the line in the centre you cropped it too much... oh or just zoom out and move back...

I purposely left the yellow road markings as lead-in lines towards the empty road/bridge to emphaize that he is riding alone. I wonder is this lead-in line appropriate?

comments welcomed!

IMG_2943_edited_web.jpg

:thumbsup: nice idea .

Just my 2Cents:
well i think he HAS TO RIDE =X else he cant get home :rolleyes: haha

i would change the title to " Dude, Where's ALL my mates! "
Then,
i would prefer him to lower his head abit while looking back . so that you can achieve the idea that "while he's moving, he's looking back to check on his mates." Eg. like a motogrand prix rider looking back at how far his competitors are. well thats me, Drama-mama =X dont flame me!!! haha

any way. i think u missed a spot in between the right arm and body =)
THE GRASS IS NOOOOT GREEN! hahaha Just wondering =X

Cheers =)
P.S i'm a newbie , do Ignore me if my words above are like rubbish :embrass: :sticktong

Edited : typo

Nice composition & PP.

Conclusion: This is what happened when you speed... u get left out!:bsmilie:

I kind of feel that the subject doesn't really live it up to the image portrayed. A head hung low (or looking at the empty space, as per the pic) with the helmet down may have been better. :)

Setting the mismatch between the image and subject aside, that's a nice shot & composition you have there. How about making a "rustic/sephia" background rather than B&W? :)

:Later,

Nice composition and the selective b/w is spot on in bringing out the mood and subject. I like this a lot!

Like the other comments before me, the only weak point is the picture in relation to the title. The rider, though in a relaxed posture, has an air of confidence, with his straightened back and slightly upward gaze into a distance. It doesn't seem that he is lonely, more like checking to see if there are pretty girls on the other side of the road :bsmilie:

thk you guys. i guess i need to put in more effort for the title next time haha.

For me what i thought was that hes waiting for someone or to see someone.

I thought you highlighted the yellow road markings as he is not supposed to wait there:S

Other wise very nice photo. Oh you might want to erase his vehicle number plate too lol

very nice Pic
Since its a R1 and the rider is in full suit
may I suggest a heading
'Damn Im Fast'

or something like

"where is my friend on the R6?" why get 6 when there is 1.

Hey Ringo,
I reallly like the pic. If the rider's head is angled bit lower, then it brings out the aura of melancholy and contemplation of giving up riding, but wif head higher, it sounds like what the other bro said, hey where's the rest??!
btw, how did u grey out the rest and leave the rider in colour? Would love to do that half color, half BW pic!

or something like

"where is my friend on the R6?" why get 6 when there is 1.

interesting, but would offend bros & sis on r6.

Hey Ringo,
I reallly like the pic. If the rider's head is angled bit lower, then it brings out the aura of melancholy and contemplation of giving up riding, but wif head higher, it sounds like what the other bro said, hey where's the rest??!
btw, how did u grey out the rest and leave the rider in colour? Would love to do that half color, half BW pic!

you can produce such colour-popping effect using photoshop. There are several ways of doing this. I created using layers and masking. try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.