Different pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweat100

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
Have CSers encounted the situation whereby different people get different pricing from the same shop (photographic equiptment) with the same products? You already know the shop ower and staffs there very well. I have a friend who bought his Hoya HMC at $15 when he got his camera, but i got mine at $25 when i got my lens. It is from the same shop and we both know them very well as we go down there together often. What do you do when you encountered situations when you are charged more than your friends or other people?

It does happen from time to time.

For me, I will be not shy and just ask, "eh? How come my friend come the other day pay only $15?" I think it's an acceptable way of asking because you're basing the price on something, and not trying to haggle because you're being a stingy b******. If they could afford to sell it at that price once, they can afford to do it again. Shopkeepers also have to be very careful when they open their mouths, so I'm sure they've considered all factors before letting go that filter at $15.

Do you have the same purchase rate as your friend? Purchase rate being number of items purchased from the shop over a period of time or each time u "visit" the shop. Sometimes the shop might take notice. If the two of u buy things quite often then maybe the shop wants to earn some profit off you to offset the profit lost from your friend. Blame it on early worm :p

sweat100 said:
Have CSers encounted the situation whereby different people get different pricing from the same shop (photographic equiptment) with the same products? You already know the shop ower and staffs there very well. I have a friend who bought his Hoya HMC at $15 when he got his camera, but i got mine at $25 when i got my lens. It is from the same shop and we both know them very well as we go down there together often. What do you do when you encountered situations when you are charged more than your friends or other people?

I think it is based on their profit margin. Selling the camera to your friend at a certain price may have a bigger profit margin and therefore willingness to offer a discount. Selling the lens to you may have a lower profit margin and therefore no discount. Just my 2 cents worth.

maybe yours is SHMC? ;p

anyway, for me, i'll not really care about the price, if i need means i get, no point comparing, will cry later... hor KT... ;p

Did your friend get the filter together with a camera while you only buy the filter.

Most shop give discount for other small items when you get an expensive item from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.