Different Perspective......

Status
Not open for further replies.

garytanbw

Apr 4, 2004
n522519373_1050266_965.jpg

"Just looking things at different perspectives.... Looking at things from different angles in life, you will observed something extra.... " That is what I feel at least when I saw this scene on my car windscreen...

Would like to know:
1) How can I better compose such scene?
2) Is it too distracting?
3) Does it work?

Personally, The scene I saw on my windscreen is very nice and sharp reflections of the flats... But I feel the picture I took doesn't really match and with distraction of too many colours on the left? Just don't feel right? How can I improve on this.

the reflections don't work for me. the picture doesn't show what you are trying to bring across. what do you mean by "something extra"? is it a good or bad extra? because i feel that it is a very distracting extra. the shot of the flats looks off, i preferred if it were centered.

though the picture looks very lomo-ish, like it's taken from a holga =D

n522519373_1050266_965.jpg

"Just looking things at different perspectives.... Looking at things from different angles in life, you will observed something extra.... " That is what I feel at least when I saw this scene on my car windscreen...

Would like to know:
1) How can I better compose such scene?
2) Is it too distracting?
3) Does it work?

Personally, The scene I saw on my windscreen is very nice and sharp reflections of the flats... But I feel the picture I took doesn't really match and with distraction of too many colours on the left? Just don't feel right? How can I improve on this.

Regretfully, there is a difference between trying to be different and totally out.
1) The correct question should be what are you trying to tell us ? The view is nice ? There is something to take note ? This is a special way to look at the same old thing ?
2) Very... It's not even just distracting, we, or at least I, don't even know what to look at.
3) 101% No, at least for me

Reflections there is, but I can't make anything out of it at least. First glance is it looks like lens flares and ghosts to me. Few or many colours are fine. It depends on what kind of scene it makes, but this scene makes no composition to me.

It's hard to tell you from this pic alone what is a better approach, perhaps it's not this angle, not this part of the building that you should be taking.

2 cents worth

actually i like your idea. the diagonal lines lead to the roof of the flats which form an interesting outline. it also seems like you are looking at the world from an upside down perspective.

i would suggest you retake the picture during evening (this would give it a nice silhouette) without the glare. you can avoid the glare by not shooting during mid day. this is the time when the sun is almost directly above you.

Last edited:
Nice attempt. I feel if you wanted to improve on this, there are a few things you can do before pressing on the shutter button;

1) remove the items from the dashboard behind the windscreen.
2) clean the windscreen to remove dirts and droplets of water, thus reducing the glare/flare on your picture.
3) try to compose with the rule of thirds in mind...may make your 'flats' more interesting

over all I also suggest as what pokiemon posted above, retake the picture again (since its a non moving object) with what you have learn and a better vision of what you want to present.

Good trend, you're starting to notice reflections around you. Instead of wondering how your reflection of flats can be better, replicate/improve on the shooting conditions elsewhere. Take notice of architecture, or anything else that will look interesting in a windscreen reflection. If you can't find anything interesting then make something up, I can't say if you'll end up with something tacky or cheesy but at least it'll help explore your creativity.

Btw, you're only allowed to start 1 thread per week. The mods missed it out somehow but hopefully they won't remove this thread since many others have given their time with good C&C. Go lock up your previous thread ASAP to help the mods out.

Thanks.... Will lock up the other threads... Thanks for the comments... Will try to do a better one in the evening..... Dashboard too many distractions... Will definitely take note... thanks....

So you saw that one one the car's windscreen. Why not you turn around and capture the image itself, NOT taking the reflection, since its too cluttered. The windscreen gives you the idea, so improvise on it.

just by looking at the picture, my head go in circles.
Obviously the green spots are irritating.
Composition is totally wrong.
Dust at bottom of picture is in the way.

If u opened your sunroof and shot it again with a much better composition,
itll be much much better.

Cheers,
Ray

i donn like the green spot... is that a glass reflection?

I was just wondering if the impact will be greater with colourful flats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.