Different Between 3rd Party And Canon Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteryeo

Dec 5, 2003
woodlands
Visit site
Hi all brother and sister and friends,

Need yr help,I am attach 4 pictures take by two different lens (Canon 28mm-135mm f3.5-5.6 USM IS and Simga 17mm-35mm f2.8-4.0 EX HSM lens).

Using same setting at f4.0 ,Shutter speed 1/20,ISO 200,without flash and mount on tripod.

I personnal found that using Simga lens,the picture is blur and soft compare to Canon lens at the same distance (35mm).

My main worry is anythings fautly to my Simga lens and the picture is out of focue point.

Any comment and advise are most welcome.

Thanks and Regards
f9ab9c86.jpg

f9ab9c8a.jpg

f9ab9c8e.jpg

f9ab9c90.jpg

Sorry no pictures againt

f9ab9c90.jpg

using Simga lens
f9ab9c8e.jpg

using Simga lens
f9ab9c8a.jpg

using Canon lens
f9ab9c86.jpg

using Canon lens.

Sorry friend,I too old understands computer.Please don't scold OK.

the missing picture is
f9ab9c8e.jpg

Thanks and Regards.

hmmm... is it me or do does everyone not see any pictures?

peteryeo said:
Sorry no pictures againt

f9ab9c90.jpg

using Simga lens
f9ab9c8e.jpg

using Simga lens
f9ab9c8a.jpg

using Canon lens
f9ab9c86.jpg

using Canon lens.

Hi Friend,
how to compare your pics that you have taken with different type of lens and we cannot see all the pics you have taken :(

Anyway first off without looking at the pictures, the comparison isn't a fair one as you are taking the extreme end of your Sigma lens at the max aperture and comparing it with the the middle portion of the focal length of your Canon lens. Most lenses don't perform as well at the extreme of their focal lens, or at their max apertures, with issues of distortion and light fall off coming in. So your lens isn't necessary faulty, and Sigma is isn't necessarily bad. :D

joe said:
Hi Friend,
how to compare your pics that you have taken with different type of lens and we cannot see all the pics you have taken :(

Tell us where ur posting from, maybe someone who uses the same site can tell you how to get the pic posted.

:edit: hmm ur using tripod, my bad :)

Sorry to everyone,

I don't know why cannot be view?It is true because I using my office computer also face the same things.

Can someone help me out.My picture is now in this wedsite www.imageatation.com.

BTW thanks for all friend for yr kind help.At the same time I may try all way out to see any other way.

I will post againt.

Regards

I can't see all the pics. But the "softness" might be due to different focussing points and the shallow depth of field at f4 aperture.

I bought 2 lenses (sigma and canon) recently for my school less than a week ago. Pictures taken at 105mm with a sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4 lens at f4 seems quite soft compared to those taken at the 100mm f4 with a canon 100 f/2. Can I ask for a refund from the shop for the Sigma because the Sigma lens is faulty on the above evidence? I don't wish to be embarassed myself. Advise please, before i go down. Many thanks.

Hi all friends,

Can all view my picture?If all can view please advise wether my picture is soft or blur.Very important to me.

Thanks and Regards

Elizabeth Tan said:
I bought 2 lenses (sigma and canon) recently for my school less than a week ago. Pictures taken at 105mm with a sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4 lens at f4 seems quite soft compared to those taken at the 100mm f4 with a canon 100 f/2. Can I ask for a refund from the shop for the Sigma because the Sigma lens is faulty on the above evidence? I don't wish to be embarassed myself. Advise please, before i go down. Many thanks.

Don't think you can ask for refund based on that, they are two different classes of lenses. For Sigma 28-105 taken at f4, you are stretching the limit of the lens. f4 is it's maximum aperture while for canon 100 f/2, f/4 is just a mid aperture with about 1 stop to spare. You might want to try taking picture with Sigma 28-105 at 100 f/8, that would just about be comparable with canon 100 f/2 taken at f/4. JFI, the sigma might still possiblity lose out to the canon f/2.

Moreover, picture taken with a prime lens is almost always sharper then one taken with a zoom lens.

peteryeo said:
Hi all friends,

Can all view my picture?If all can view please advise wether my picture is soft or blur.Very important to me.

Thanks and Regards

Picture too small, can't really see the difference, other then you had taken it with a Digital Camera ...... the red overcast is very obvious ;P.

blurblock said:
Picture too small, can't really see the difference, other then you had taken it with a Digital Camera ...... the red overcast is very obvious ;P.

Hi Friends thank for the reply,

Can u pls explain what do u mean about the red overcast is very obvious.
I am using a Canon 10D with between Sigma 17mm-35mm and Canon 28mm-135mm lenses.

Regards

Elizabeth Tan said:

You may ask for an exchange but I doubt the shop will give a refund. Different lenses have different quality and performance (also different prices). It's important to do some research before purchasing. 100 f2 is one of Canon's best lenses and could rival the professional L series in terms of image quality and AF performance (the build is no where as good though and there's no weather sealing). Sigma 28-105, on the other hand, is only an average consumer lens.

peteryeo said:
Hi Friends thank for the reply,

Can u pls explain what do u mean about the red overcast is very obvious.
I am using a Canon 10D with between Sigma 17mm-35mm and Canon 28mm-135mm lenses.

Regards

Personal feeling. Picture taken with 10D, indoors, with somethings red around, the red will be greatly exaggerated showing red casting over almost everything around, your towel, for example looks pinkish, even your white flower looks pinkish. That's what happens to most of my indoors shots. Thus I felt you might had used a digital camera to take the picture.

ok i will try to top up to get a better lens instead ... is the canon 28-105 mk II a better lens compared to sigma of the same focal length?

mpenza said:
You may ask for an exchange but I doubt the shop will give a refund. Different lenses have different quality and performance (also different prices). It's important to do some research before purchasing. 100 f2 is one of Canon's best lenses and could rival the professional L series in terms of image quality and AF performance (the build is no where as good though and there's no weather sealing). Sigma 28-105, on the other hand, is only an average consumer lens.

Elizabeth Tan said:
ok i will try to top up to get a better lens instead ... is the canon 28-105 mk II a better lens compared to sigma of the same focal length?

If you are comparing the quality to a 100 f/2, you will never get anything close (Ok, I am drooling now ... so sue me) ..... well ..... maybe the closest you can get will be Tamron SP AF28-105mm F/2.8 LD Aspherical (IF), if that is the range you are looking for .....

Lower in optical quality will be Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM and the Tamron SP AF24-135mm F/3.5-5.6 AD Aspherical (IF).

28-105 MK II is comparable to Sigma 28-105, so I don't know why you want to switch :) ........

In my opinion, I find that both comparsion are apple with orange.

A good comparsion would be Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 with Canon 24-70 f/2.8, or Sigma 20 f/1.8 with Canon 20 f/2.8, etc

No offend, but everyone would know that a prime len, eg. 100 is definitely better than a zoom 28-105 whether Canon or Sigma

Status
Not open for further replies.