difference or perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one needs to try to be "different", that betrays a sense of insecurity.

the best advice I can give anyone is to follow your obsession, put your obsession for a certain thing (let's say you like used socks, so you photograph them), and gradually your personal vision and personal voice will be visible in your work.
If you consider that everyone is different in one way or another, it is inevitable that each person's personal vision will be different.

btw,Perfection is overrated.

the problem here is that when people talk about being "different" they think they have to make things very visibly different

It's hard to discuss such topics because there's no exact definition of such a broad word.
being "Different" suggests that there is something/someone else to compare to
set out to create something meaningful that relies as little as possible on other people's influences.
if you shut out the world and what the world is doing then there's no need to be "different" because there is no need to compare to anyone.

Vague is exactly what I intended this discussion to be. Art is vague.

As you said, being diferent is overrated, being perfect is overated ... so how?
There is no answer and I am not expecting one.

lastly, let me point out that this has nothing to do with the conversation between me and clipper. i am noting this as evidence that you have a personal grudge. only one of the many many occasions where you just barge in uninvited into a 2-way conversation and add in your 0 cents worth. it is fine if you stay on topic, but you drag in the most out-of-point things. cheers.

Whoa, hang on.

I didn't say that the replies I have in this thread was a 2-way conversation between you and me. Please don't assume that.

I post my replies in good faith in a public space as a matter of civilised discourse. If I wanted to keep it private, I would be using PMs.

Also, I'm not aware that the number of postings a CSer makes in this forum is an indication of his/her activity. To use that number as a measurement of a CSer's helpfulness is not very logical. But I guess with your 18K+ posts, you must be one of the high kings of helpfulness in this forum..so I'll bow down to your greatness.

sorry hor no dice since u yourself have done this many times with other members and their other threads. the lesson for you: u wanna start something with people here do it in private so you will not be constantly embarrassed here. and since when was this a private 2 way convo? its in the middle of a VERY public forum! by all means quit kopitiam. you've said it so many times its lost all meaning. Here's a reminder if you need one:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4650758&postcount=147
and here's one of someone calling you on your assumptions
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429108&page=3

I'm sure you are on his ignore list too...pretty long list I must say. :bsmilie:

Well, I guess we all agree to disagree in life as ortega mentioned. Sore says live and let live, and I say the important thing is to be able to sleep peacefully at the end of the day. :kok:

the best advice I can give anyone is to follow your obsession, put your obsession for a certain thing (let's say you like used socks, so you photograph them), and gradually your personal vision and personal voice will be visible in your work

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

if you can find one single example where i profess to be smarter than anybody here

rather than 8000 trolls and warlocks insinuating that i have that attitude because of blunt words,

i will quit kopitiam for good. you should read more about the super african highway, it was stated in a response to a particular person who took it upon himself to claim that shanghai was economically superior because "it had a super highway that amazed him".

if he had provided any other evidence, or collective evidence i would not have resorted to such sarcasm. it is also amazing how you have been beating these dead horses. i thought by now they would have become glue, the way you mention them. talk about double standards when it comes to beating dead horses. :bsmilie: you are allowed to beat dead horses, but no one else can.

lastly, let me point out that this has nothing to do with the conversation between me and clipper. i am noting this as evidence that you have a personal grudge. only one of the many many occasions where you just barge in uninvited into a 2-way conversation and add in your 0 cents worth. it is fine if you stay on topic, but you drag in the most out-of-point things. cheers.

This boy is always aking for trouble.
Here's is what he says recently. Tons of it if you dig his threads.

strong series! love it! :)

if people cannot get your concept, then it is their fault. it seems pretty clearcut to me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.