Difference of B&W to Hoya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sirs,

Just want to find out whats is the diference of B&W filters to Hoya filter and other filters out there in the market, (except the diference in price)

thanks!

Hi Sirs,

Just want to find out whats is the diference of B&W filters to Hoya filter and other filters out there in the market, (except the diference in price)

thanks!

Hoya (& most brands) filters are created from sheet glass. Their coatings may wear off easily over time.

B+W filters are created with the same process like most multicoated high-end lenses. Their coatings are hard wearing and lasting.

Go ask Dennis from Cathay Photo. He visited the B+W factory in Germany years ago and witness the process of making filters.

Hoya (& most brands) filters are created from sheet glass. Their coatings may wear off easily over time.

B+W filters are created with the same process like most multicoated high-end lenses. Their coatings are hard wearing and lasting.

Go ask Dennis from Cathay Photo. He visited the B+W factory in Germany years ago and witness the process of making filters.

Hi Sirs,

thanks!

Hoya has a slight effect on image quality if you bother to look closely. Also B+W is easier to clean and wouldnt leave marks on the coating. Not sure about the higher end Hoyas but then Nikon and B+W would be a better choice over the long run.

you feel superior with a b+w. :bsmilie:

look the other way, it can also be people feel superior if they can take good (but not necessarily better) photos with tools that is cheaper.

Please lah. A B+W filter is only $110 to $120 even for the bigger 77mm. Why so much debate and concern??? It is not $1200!

The B+W MRC coating is :thumbsup: . Try to clean up hoya filter before, and once I buy B+W filter, I switch all my filter to B+W.

Regards,
Arto.

I changed my Nikon NC to B&W. Both are expensive. B&W is so easy to clean. Usually i only need my blower (ocassionally use lens tissue for more stuborn stain) and dust dont get into the lens cos they uses screw in ring to hold the glass. Hoya uses clips only so there is a tiny gap where dust sometimes can get in. and one more thing abt B&W is the housing is made of Brass so its easier to unscrew from the lens. Hoya and Nikon tends to lock up.

I have no regrets using B&W cos it save me all the trouble.

hi
anyone knows the price of it in 67mm and 77mm?
for b/w and hoya?
anyone knows
thanks ppl
:)

my hoya mrc filter's coating peeling off after 8-9 months >___<
dunno bout the b+w, they said its more long lasting...
for the photo result wise... i cannot differentiate between those two... i cant even see the difference at the photo result if you compare with the cheap tokina/matin filter

Please lah. A B+W filter is only $110 to $120 even for the bigger 77mm. Why so much debate and concern??? It is not $1200!

not everybody can throw away 100 bucks like you
i dun see whats wrong with TS discussing this.

i prefer B+W too. easier to clean. better build quality.

German optics vs Japanese optics.

e.g. Leica lens vs your Japanese lens

B+W==German
Hoya==Japanese

Status
Not open for further replies.