DIfference btween AF-I & AF-S teleconverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
can someone help explain to me the difference between the Nikon AF-I Teleconverter TC-20E and the AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E II? from what i read of the specs, there's no difference except that the AF-S has the new Front Cap BF-3A (which can be used as body cap),which is no big deal...

i'm sure there's a difference, otherwise why would Nikon come up with 2 products which does the same thing? :dunno:

thanks in advance!!! :D

Ian

Feb 20, 2002
Perth Australia
Originally posted by firefox13
can someone help explain to me the difference between the Nikon AF-I Teleconverter TC-20E and the AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E II? from what i read of the specs, there's no difference except that the AF-S has the new Front Cap BF-3A (which can be used as body cap),which is no big deal...

i'm sure there's a difference, otherwise why would Nikon come up with 2 products which does the same thing? :dunno:

thanks in advance!!! :D
Optically they are identical, the only difference is in the cosmetics and new cap, however the E series are considerably cheaper.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
Originally posted by Ian
Optically they are identical, the only difference is in the cosmetics and new cap, however the E series are considerably cheaper.
thanks ian... what's the E series? i'm assuming that's the older one without the new front cap?

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
There is no difference aside from the body cap and that they were made to follow the new cosmetic design of the newer AF-S lenses. In terms of cost, the AF-S II converters actually list at a lower price than the original converters.

Ian

Feb 20, 2002
Perth Australia
Originally posted by firefox13
thanks ian... what's the E series? i'm assuming that's the older one without the new front cap?
TC-14E and E-II <-- E series as there are also TC-14, TC-14A, TC-14B and TC-14C teleconverters that have been produced over the years. Of the E series the E-II's are as Jed has pointed out identical in optical construction but with a lower list price and a different front cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.