Difference between XF400 and XA50

I have been doing some reading.

I think the great advantage of the XF400 is bigger LED screen and ability to shoot in 4K UHD 60p.

The review on the new XA50 and XA40 are limited at this point. But based on specs alone I think XF400 will still make a better video camera despite its been in the market for almost 2 years. Do you have any experience shooting with XF400?

Whats a Sony equivalent for this price segment?

There are a few options to choose from. The closest equivalents are the NX80, Z90 and the AX700 with XLR-K2M. The new MC88 is a budget HD model of the NX80. You can get 7 hours out of 1 Sony battery (HD mode) vs 2 hours from Canon

The Z90 is nicely priced between the XF400 and XF405. When XA50 and XA55 come into the market, things might change a bit.

Perhaps the XA55 is positioned to compete with the Z90.

In terms of ergonomics, Canon has a leg up with its touchscreen menu and focusing aid. Sony's model are notoriously finicky and uses older resistive touchscreen compared to Canon's capacitive ones. The Sony touchscreen is restricted to only focus selection while menus have to navigated with a joystick selector located on the opposite side of the OK button - making navigation a two-handed affair.

Went to check out the XA50 and XA55 the other day. After 30 mins of testing, I end up getting the XF400 purely for the 4K 60p (although in Singapore we only get 50p) and the larger LED screen.