Difference between Teleplus Pro 300 & MC7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

May 29, 2003
East
Visit site
Can anyone enlighten what are the differences between the Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 2X and the Teleplus MC 7 2X? Aren't they having the same functions?

the difference should be the optic quality.

It's the same as questioning, what's the difference between B+W MRC UV filter with an al cheapo-10-buck uv filter :D

i heard the mc7 & 300 r the same thing. the only diff is: the 300 takes AF-S & mc7 r meant for older lenses with old AF mechanism.

i 've used the mc7 & it looks very good. no CA, no softness, colour is good, contrast good, etc. haven't used a 300 tho...

nightpiper said:
i heard the mc7 & 300 r the same thing. the only diff is: the 300 takes AF-S & mc7 r meant for older lenses with old AF mechanism.

i 've used the mc7 & it looks very good. no CA, no softness, colour is good, contrast good, etc. haven't used a 300 tho...
Thanks .. probably the ability to take AFS could account for the cost difference. Couldn't be sure about the optic quality though unless someone has done the test. However I'm quite confident the Pro 300 has better optic even marginal.

nightpiper said:

Not true.

There are two types of teleplus Pro 300.
The one labelled AF-N and AF-D, comes in WHITE color and BLACK color respectively.

The white one will support AF-S, while the black one won't.

And again, back to the question, the difference between MC7 and Pro 300 is the optic quality :D And if you don't feel the softness after using the TC, frankly, I need to question what's a sharp photo for you :dunno: Because i used pro 300, and i still found it a bit soft, compare to not using it.

amateur_photographer said:
Not true.

There are two types of teleplus Pro 300.
The one labelled AF-N and AF-D, comes in WHITE color and BLACK color respectively.

The white one will support AF-S, while the black one won't.

And again, back to the question, the difference between MC7 and Pro 300 is the optic quality :D And if you don't feel the softness after using the TC, frankly, I need to question what's a sharp photo for you :dunno: Because i used pro 300, and i still found it a bit soft, compare to not using it.
Thanks for the clarification..used my Pro 300 on my S2 and D1X and found a little softness too .. part of a TC characteristic I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.