Difference between SB600 and SB800

Status
Not open for further replies.

digipat2003

Aug 13, 2004
hi guys,

anyone can enlighten me the difference between these two flash, know that 800 got more power than 600, but other than that ? 800 got more control than 600, but what these control can do ? me try to read up but got :confused: .

anyone can help ? tks :)

When in doubt... buy both :devil:

espn said:
When in doubt... buy both :devil:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: espn than i need to be like zorro like that eat prata kosong already

Digipat, buy the SB600 if not hardcore photographer...then u can at least afford 1 x egg prata. :D

zorro18 said:
Digipat, buy the SB600 if not hardcore photographer...then u can at least afford 1 x egg prata. :D

Would be the first 200 dollar egg prata around......but then again eggs aren't the cheapest things on earth at the moment....

Wah.. still can eat prata kosong, I'm eating grass for the past 1 year! :embrass:

digipat2003 said:
hi guys,

anyone can enlighten me the difference between these two flash, know that 800 got more power than 600, but other than that ? 800 got more control than 600, but what these control can do ? me try to read up but got :confused: .

anyone can help ? tks :)

get the SB800. if you get the SB 600 you definately will upgrade one so might as well buy it once and for all.... :bsmilie:

andy9110 said:
get the SB800. if you get the SB 600 you definately will upgrade one so might as well buy it once and for all.... :bsmilie:

i just did a thorough comparison and found that the diff in SB600 and SB800 that really bothers me is the guide nos and recycle time ( due to $$ should not be a issue lor :D ), other features such as :

1) Four frequency channels prevent other photographers from inadvertently triggering flashes

2) Individual flash mode settings ([TTL], [AA], [A] and [M]) are available for each of the four groups

3) Distance Priority Manual Mode

4) Modeling Flash allows photographer to preview lighting effects

cant figure out the purpose so dun think will be using it.

anyone can advise whether the 600 can bounce like the 800 ? something like got a card put out when the flash is 180 degree and bounce from there. tks :)

5)

buy the SB-800 la.
if SB-800 is speedlite, then SB-600 should call "Accessory" for both camera and SB-800.

most important thing is SB-800 can use 1/128 instead of SB-600's 1/64

another is SB-800 is powerful than SB-600. if you use old model and won't upgrade camera, then 80DX is your good choic.

one thing from you is you will regret you do not own the best speedlite of Nikon.

if you use new model camera, and want to upgrade later, then choose SB-800.
i think TCW is selling 600 for SB-800 and 350 for SB600, eat grass for a week, then enjoy SB-800 for years.

wudabao said:
buy the SB-800 la.
if SB-800 is speedlite, then SB-600 should call "Accessory" for both camera and SB-800.

most important thing is SB-800 can use 1/128 instead of SB-600's 1/64

another is SB-800 is powerful than SB-600. if you use old model and won't upgrade camera, then 80DX is your good choic.

one thing from you is you will regret you do not own the best speedlite of Nikon.

if you use new model camera, and want to upgrade later, then choose SB-800.
i think TCW is selling 600 for SB-800 and 350 for SB600, eat grass for a week, then enjoy SB-800 for years.

:D :D wudabao very tempting leh, let me do some mathmatics first ;) losing more weights now...wallet getting lighter :bsmilie:

digipat2003 said:

The modeling light is very useful for portrait photography in a studio setting or for still-life shooting. When activated, it allows you to see the overall flash coverage as well as any shadows that the flash or flashes may create. This would then serve as a guide in correcting the angle or location of the flashes.

This feature has limited uses on low-end cameras like the D70 as the camera does not have a modeling light controller. You would need to press the button on the flash to activate the lights. In cameras like the D2H, pressing the DOF button simultaneously activates the lights on all flashes controlled via wireless CLS so that you can see the overall effect in your viewfinder. :thumbsup:

digipat2003 said:
anyone can advise whether the 600 can bounce like the 800 ? something like got a card put out when the flash is 180 degree and bounce from there. tks :)

The SB-600 does not have a bounce card.

Cheers,

Matt

1 X SB800 = 2 X SB600 :bigeyes:

but still prefer SB800 :blah:

digipat2003 said:
i just did a thorough comparison and found that the diff in SB600 and SB800 that really bothers me is the guide nos and recycle time ( due to $$ should not be a issue lor :D ), other features such as :

1) Four frequency channels prevent other photographers from inadvertently triggering flashes

2) Individual flash mode settings ([TTL], [AA], [A] and [M]) are available for each of the four groups

3) Distance Priority Manual Mode

5)
one other feature which i have not seen anyone emphasize, but which tilted the balance for me in favour of the SB-800 is it's ability to "pan" that allows you to bounce when in portrait mode.

obviousdude said:
one other feature which i have not seen anyone emphasize, but which tilted the balance for me in favour of the SB-800 is it's ability to "pan" that allows you to bounce when in portrait mode.
what u mean by "pan"?

sigh... why flash so expensive... now then i know SB600 doesn't swivel/pan.... And many people say buying Sigma 500DG Super is not advisable... cos of unknown compatibility issues... Anybody have used both these flashes on D70 can comment?

benedium said:
sigh... why flash so expensive... now then i know SB600 doesn't swivel/pan.... And many people say buying Sigma 500DG Super is not advisable... cos of unknown compatibility issues... Anybody have used both these flashes on D70 can comment?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.