Difference between filters: 1A and UV Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyrrad

Wats the difference?

UV filter - A basic must have filter for any photographer with an SLR . It absorbs ultra-violet and blue rays effectively without increase of exposure. Recommended for snapshots , color scenery and tele-photography. Best also for protection of the camera lens

1A Skylight - A basic filter just like the Marumi UV for any photographer with an SLR . Just like the UV , the 1A absorbs ultra-violet and blue rays effectively without increase of exposure. Especially recommended for Indian Sunlight and outdoor photography , it also gives a warmer effect to portraits.

taken from http://www.jjmehta.com/products/marumi01.html

Says the same thing.

UV filters have no colour cast. A skylight filter is slightly warm, usually very light pink.

I wouldn't buy Marumi filters even if every other manufacturer closes down.

Originally posted by lyrrad
How about cheaper vitacon ones? Or die die Hoya?

Hoya is already rather cheap.

A 52/55mm SHMC UV/Skylight is only $20+.

Since its going to be over your lens all the time, you probably wouldn't want to worry if it's going to degrade your image quality......the extra few $ for peace of mind.:)

1A is pink color, UV is amber. If you use the 1A filter as a protection filter. Then I bet you'll hate the pink cast on the subject's face as much as i do. :p

so u mean getting a 1A Skylight flitlers will make the pics more warmer like color more richer?
hehe

btw i curios to know is there such a filtes which will make the camera producre more richers colors?
heee ;p

No, 1A will only make your picture look pink. Pink will tone down green hues. UV will tone down the blue hues. Just don't get fool by the advertisements where most of them will tell you that 1A will give you warmer color. For warmer color use 81A, for richer color use a CPL, Thats all... :p

aiyor i prefer to be edited on the fly on the camera lor
if got any lens/filters
hehe

:(

btw the CPL filters u guts mention is come in wat MM size?
and how much ?
and which brand to look for?
hee

Originally posted by pker88
aiyor i prefer to be edited on the fly on the camera lor
if got any lens/filters
hehe

:(

btw the CPL filters u guts mention is come in wat MM size?
and how much ?
and which brand to look for?
hee

Depends what size thread u have for ur lens. Costing is a brand / quality thingy as well.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is CPL, is it a particular model for a brand? Thanks! :)

Originally posted by jasonpgc
No, 1A will only make your picture look pink. Pink will tone down green hues. UV will tone down the blue hues. Just don't get fool by the advertisements where most of them will tell you that 1A will give you warmer color. For warmer color use 81A, for richer color use a CPL, Thats all... :p

Originally posted by cy6ex
Sorry for my ignorance but what is CPL, is it a particular model for a brand? Thanks! :)

CPL is circular polariser. If you dun know how it work. Do a search here or on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.