Not open for further replies.

MusKidd

Feb 15, 2009
hey peeps,
was wondering. whats the difference between
canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM and
canon EF 50mm F1.2L USM and
canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II.

need info like which lens is for which type of shooting, or just whats the diff.
thanks pros(in advance). :D

All lenses are for shooting whatever you want to. As you can see, the main difference is the aperture, and the price. I suggest you read up on "aperture" to understand more.

All lenses are for shooting whatever you want to. As you can see, the main difference is the aperture, and the price. I suggest you read up on "aperture" to understand more.
And of course the difference in build quality.
The f1.8 is made of plastic and feels like a cheap toy.
f1.4 is quite good in build quality but do read up on the AF motor problems people have had with this lens.
f1.2 is the king of the current 50s and is very well built.

f1.4 is quite good in build quality but do read up on the AF motor problems people have had with this lens.

good explaination:thumbsup:

In addition,

f/1.8 II's bokeh is quite harsh and sharp only from f/2.5 onwards. AF motor is a slow and noisy micro motor (MM).

f/1.4 has some USM issues and i agree with u. Pic quality is pretty gd and sharp from f/2.0.

f/1.2 is the largest, heaviest and most expensive of all 3 types and sharp even at f/1.2. Bokeh is excellent wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.