diff color in cs and web

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
please help.
my monitor is calibrated.
when i adjust my pics in CS3, it looks 'ok' to me.
however, when i upload to web, eg flickr, it seems more saturated.difference aint subtle but obvious.

any idea why?

Another CSer had this problem awhile back I think, apparently it was something to do with the colour space. Try using sRGB instead of Adobe in CS3

Another CSer had this problem awhile back I think, apparently it was something to do with the colour space. Try using sRGB instead of Adobe in CS3

set to srgb already lei...:dunno:

simple question...

your pic on CS look ok, when you save and open on the browser is it the same as the one on CS or the one on the web? (you can use your browser to open the picture file at its source)

cos iirc, if its the same as the one on the web, then its the CS calibration issue, you check your CS profile. If its same as CS then something is wrong when you upload to flickr, go screw them.

open "color settings" in Photoshop...click on working spaces RGB... drop menu opens up... scroll up abit until you see "Monitor RGB"... is the name next to this item the exact name of your current monitor profile?...if it isn't, then there is your problem... if not :think:

do the sites like flicker have to resize ur photos to view?
sometimes the conversions aren't accurate, so u get funny looking pics.. has to do with their conversion programs.... maybe u could try uploading a smaller one so they don't have to adjust ur photo...

open "color settings" in Photoshop...click on working spaces RGB... drop menu opens up... scroll up abit until you see "Monitor RGB"... is the name next to this item the exact name of your current monitor profile?...if it isn't, then there is your problem... if not :think:

just checked.yes.it is the same.do i select this "27 dell monitor spyder" or should i leave it as SRGB?

simple question...

your pic on CS look ok, when you save and open on the browser is it the same as the one on CS or the one on the web? (you can use your browser to open the picture file at its source)

cos iirc, if its the same as the one on the web, then its the CS calibration issue, you check your CS profile. If its same as CS then something is wrong when you upload to flickr, go screw them.

dun understd wor..:cry:

oh no, big problem.

i corrected a pic in CS3.now i emailed out, and i open the attachment in my outlook express using window picture and fax viewer(default), it becomes overly saturated.
so what will my email recipient see?the saturated one or the 'normal' one?

please help:cry: :cry: :cry:

please help.
my monitor is calibrated.
when i adjust my pics in CS3, it looks 'ok' to me.
however, when i upload to web, eg flickr, it seems more saturated.difference aint subtle but obvious.

any idea why?

Last time hor I always had another version of the same photo but less saturated for uploading to web one lah.

It worked for me.

oh no, big problem.

i corrected a pic in CS3.now i emailed out, and i open the attachment in my outlook express using window picture and fax viewer(default), it becomes overly saturated.
so what will my email recipient see?the saturated one or the 'normal' one?

please help:cry: :cry: :cry:

email to me lor... i tell u...

anyway, i think you leave your proof setup to default, perhaps monitor rgb or something and try again, most likely is that part screwed up.

are you using an Nvidia graphics card?...

are you using an Nvidia graphics card?...

yes.if it's not good.tell me what is a good one.i'll go get.

guess what guys?my 27 inch dell monitor now giving me probs.

when i open a photo in CS3 and drag the photo to the left of the screen, it becomes desaturated.when i drag it to the right, it becomes saturated.

so, is it my graphics card or my monitor?

NOT MY SATURDAY man....:rolleyes:

Last time hor I always had another version of the same photo but less saturated for uploading to web one lah.

It worked for me.

aiyo.i want consistency lah

when i open a photo in CS3 and drag the photo to the left of the screen, it becomes desaturated.when i drag it to the right, it becomes saturated.

psst. Mac solve the problem :p

LOL! Macs are not the solution to everything! :nono:

Jeanie: Open up a photo using windows photo and fax viewer and full screen the thing. Is the colour saturation still different from one end to the other? Or does this only occur in photoshop? Anyway, your problem with the colours being different has something to do with the colour profile. When you save the files for web, do you include a colour profile with the image? If yes, which profile is this?

LOL! Macs are not the solution to everything! :nono:

Jeanie: Open up a photo using windows photo and fax viewer and full screen the thing. Is the colour saturation still different from one end to the other? Or does this only occur in photoshop? Anyway, your problem with the colours being different has something to do with the colour profile. When you save the files for web, do you include a colour profile with the image? If yes, which profile is this?

joking lah :p

This is bad bad bad.... I suggest you swap your 27 inch dell with my 15 inch CRT to solve your problems :D

Coming from IT, I typically use the isolate-and-identify method to solve such weirdo problems. So before you run out and swap your graphic card, may i suggest borrowing one to see if it's still as suckie, then try with the monitor, then try with a different user :think:

it's my monitor.i went to get another graphics card and pop it in, same thing.left side of screen looks desaturated compared to my right.:cry:

it's my monitor.i went to get another graphics card and pop it in, same thing.left side of screen looks desaturated compared to my right.:cry:

same prob as mine.

solution... dun touch the color saturation adjustment in PS. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.