Diff between Video Tripod and normal tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylus

Mar 9, 2008
Hi,

Can I know know whats the main diff between a video tripod and a normal camera one? Easier to pan?

and is it possible to shoot video on a normal camera tripod easily, cos i thought u can pan on camera tripod too?

you can pan and tilt easier on a video tripod as the head is more fluid. that is not to say you can't do it with a normal camera tripod but you will find it a little more difficult to execute a smooth pan/tilt with it.

there are photographers who shoot with long lenses use a video head instead as it gives them fluid motion in tracking the subject.

thx for the reply, i bought the slik pro 400dx so i can use it for both. At $200, wonder if its abit expensive considering the 2nd hand ones are going for only $100 buck.

I still don't know which video tripod to go for.... own a HV30 canon video cam.... very light... 800grams... I need a video tripod that is light.. preferably below 2kg...

I still don't know which video tripod to go for.... own a HV30 canon video cam.... very light... 800grams... I need a video tripod that is light.. preferably below 2kg...

A good place to start is your budger :)

Status
Not open for further replies.