Diff Between 2 Megapix & 5 Megapix Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

les

Aug 9, 2004
Hi,
I am new to digital cameras would like to ask One Question how much off a difference will there be between a 2-3 Mega-pix camera and a 5 Mega-pix camera(what kind off a Diff will there be???sharper, clearer etc..??)

all comments welcome

Thanks & Regards

les said:
Hi,
I am new to digital cameras would like to ask One Question how much off a difference will there be between a 2-3 Mega-pix camera and a 5 Mega-pix camera(what kind off a Diff will there be???sharper, clearer etc..??)

all comments welcome

Thanks & Regards

erm... on theory more megapix = more resolution... more resolution=larger prints....

practical aspect....
more megapix=cost more $$$
more megapix=can impress more people
more megapix=better sales
ore megapix more selling point for salesman....

:lovegrin:

a 3 megapix cam with good lens will still be better than a 5 megapix cam with lousy lens.

So strike a balance....

Ease of use also come into the picture when choosing a compact digicam.

IMHO, if you just like to point and shoot... get those 3-4 mega pix models on discount like olympus Mju selling at $399 or even the old nikon 3700 below $400...

Spend the rest of the money on bigger memory card.

Happy shooting!

les said:

That is perhaps what the salesman or advertisement would like you to think
that higher MP count has a direct effect on image quality, so that they could influence buyers to get the more expensive (latest) digital camara.

You may want to read some reviews on www.dpreview.com to obtain more professional views. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.