Diet Coke + Mentos Mints = Find Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha what a waste of coke man.....

Hmm.. I think the mentos acted as a catalyst for the evolution of carbon dioxide from the drink because the mentos is extremely porous and hence has a great surface area available for the formation of bubbles (nucleation sites). Hee paisehs practicing for Alvls. ^^

Cheers
QX

Hahaha what a waste of coke man.....

Hmm.. I think the mentos acted as a catalyst for the evolution of carbon dioxide from the drink because the mentos is extremely porous and hence has a great surface area available for the formation of bubbles (nucleation sites). Hee paisehs practicing for Alvls. ^^

Cheers
QX

cool. do basically anything porous would do? like chalk or wood?

Biologically, I wonder what effect the diet coke has on the grass and insects over there...LOL

as shown on mythbusters

mentos - nucleation sites, the surface of mentos is very rough thus providing innumerous surface area for carbon dioxide to react. Note that fruit flavoured mentos will not work because the surface is waxed.

diet coke - mainly due to carbon dioxide, but caffeine and aspartame are 2 of the active ingredients behind the explosive reaction. plain soda water and non-diet soda drinks don't work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.