Didn't have time to search. Need immediate advice.

xxdoggyxx

Feb 19, 2010
Right behind you. :P
Hi, i tried a few google search but all just gave out alot of crappy link not related to my search.
Just wanna ask 2 question about flying with my dslr.

I'm flying 6 hour from now, i want to know whether dslr is able to go through the xray scanner at Terminal1 and is dslr able to withstand the air pressure of the aeroplane? cathay pacific.

My dslr i'm bring is olympus e620 with its dual kit lens. 14-42 and 40-150
plus a electronic flash. i'm putting all in my crumpler 8 million dollar home.

Need help. first time transport via airplane.

Many thanks:)

No problem unless you have film.

Hi, i tried a few google search but all just gave out alot of crappy link not related to my search.

I'm flying 6 hour from now, i want to know whether dslr is able to go through the xray scanner at Terminal1 and is dslr able to withstand the air pressure of the aeroplane? cathay pacific.

i think you must have a typing problem;

"dslr x-ray scanner" gives you loads of answers

"bringing dslr on plane" would give you answers too

i think you just didn't search and threw in that line to act cute. i don't buy it!

just do a search and it won't take ONE HOUR for you to find the answer.

My Olympus E620 exploded and got stucked inside the Changi X-ray machines, better don't bring an Olympus! And I had to pay for repairs of the X-ray machine!.........they say, its because its an Olympus!

HS

my 450d blew up in the xray machine too! along with my minolta x-300. also dun put batteries inside the the xray scanner. the isa guys had me locked down for a day just to check if i was terrorist.

:confused::confused: i'm really lost in here...read this mate.,loads of answers about x-ray scanners at the ariport(maybe you should practice going thru' the scanner @ changi jetty before heading to pulau ubin)

http://digitalphotographer.com.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=10602

next,can the dslr withstand the pressure inside airplane?

WHERE are you seated? just behind the engine where 60,000lb-80,000lb of thrust will blow you away? if you are inside the cabin,and you are still breathing comfortably, what more for a piece of metal n plastic moulded into an 'expensive toy'?

don't mean to be sarcastic here,but my 12year old nephew can google better than you on such issue. enjoy your flight:sticktong

1) Of course it can go through the x-ray scanner, or people wouldn't be able to carry their DSLRs overseas :) The only exceptions are some films (not the SLR itself) which doesn't apply since you have a digital system.

2) What air pressure? If your ear drums can withstand it, what more your camera :) :bsmilie:

3) Did you seriously Google? This is a way common issue that everyone faces.

... i want to know whether dslr is able to go through the xray scanner at Terminal1...
That will depends on the size of your DSLR and the X-ray scanner involved, you will definitely have problems facilitating movement through a minuscule X-ray scanner scaled 1:24 to its original dimension.
... is dslr able to withstand the air pressure of the aeroplane?
Not indirectly if the fuselage is over pressurised and structural integrity is compromised due to faulty or malfunctioning pressure relief valves.

overpressuredkc135.jpg

Depending on the catastrophic failure exact location, you might encounter dismembered human body parts and your DSLR blown right clear of the main aircraft debris field, and falling 35,000 ft to the ground provided if you are still alive then. ;)
My Olympus E620 exploded and got stucked inside the Changi X-ray machines, better don't bring an Olympus! And I had to pay for repairs of the X-ray machine!.........they say, its because its an Olympus!

HS
my 450d blew up in the xray machine too! along with my minolta x-300. also dun put batteries inside the the xray scanner. the isa guys had me locked down for a day just to check if i was terrorist.
For every DSLR that blew up a X-ray scanner, there will always be one that transform into a Hasselblad. :bsmilie:

Wow! So you're not the only one!
They did a search of me, and found a 70-200 f/2.8 hidden in my pants

HS

Told you to buy Panasonic already :thumbsup:
No issues with Panasonic, as long as you remove the batteries, the SD cards, the lenses (cannot put in same bag) and is under 500ml.

Check-in if you are afraid.

HS

Only Canon is safe to put through Xray machines because it has got anti- Xray vibrator. :bsmilie:

i keep getting arrested when i bring my dslr through the x-ray machine

they tell me that it will turn into a gremlin when it's on board the plane and the gremlin will consume everyone on board

Don't do it, the x-ray turned my camera into a decepticon!!!

I think we can all safely stop discussing as the TS would be walking through the X-ray now, without his camera..........:bsmilie:

..... is dslr able to withstand the air pressure of the aeroplane? cathay pacific.

Safest place is the toilet.

Make sure you make a dash for it and lock yourself in the toilet with your DSLR.

Air pressure there is the least as there is a hole in the toilet bowl.

:bsmilie: