Did you make some money from this hobby?

How did you make money from this hobby?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
I know some of us did recoupe some money from this expensive hobby.

For those with multi option, choose the one that bring you the most $$. :D

Just curious.

You should make this one multiple choice. Although making money is not my main focus in photography, it does provide certain levels of satisfaction and income to me. Sometimes I blended it with IT service as well, so more choices available. Anyway, I still enjoy amateur way of shooting, purely for fun. When on assignment, especially paid, the pressure always drives me mad.

Originally posted by tomshen
You should make this one multiple choice. Although making money is not my main focus in photography, it does provide certain levels of satisfaction and income to me. Sometimes I blended it with IT service as well, so more choices available. Anyway, I still enjoy amateur way of shooting, purely for fun. When on assignment, especially paid, the pressure always drives me mad.

Ya the pressure is great when it matters if you did it wrongly.

Come on, I know there is more people earning some small $$ from this hobby.. :)

P.s. Although posing nude for other people is consider photography, I think it got nothing much to do with photography knowledge. You could choose others if you insisited. :D

Over the years I have made some money out of my photographic hobby.

I have done a few weddings, private functions and assisted at university functions in Sydney. I have also submitted pics to the image library at the Australian museum and have had a few used but that was a while back.

It was nice to make some money, but I think it was even better to see a photo I had done appear with Photo by James McManus from the university functions and pics from image library. :)

Originally posted by binbeto
I know some of us did recoupe some money from this expensive hobby.

For those with multi option, choose the one that bring you the most $$. :D

Just curious.

mostly wedding shoot-out.;)

Guess most of the people make $$ thru wedding shots.

Hmm.. Though someone make some $$ posing as model? Where are u? :D

Others...
Scientific/Laboratory Photography, but its part of my job description so I get paid for it as part of my monthly salary!

Originally posted by SzennyBoy
Others...
Scientific/Laboratory Photography, but its part of my job description so I get paid for it as part of my monthly salary!

Those 10000X magnification photo of body parts?

Those 10000X magnification photo of body parts?

No Lah... me engineer not medical research type (although used to be!). I look at metals and polymers that have failed from testing or from actual service failures. Either working with the bellows (up to 14x mag) or with a stereo-microscope (100x mag normal SLR or approx. 150x "mag" on DSLR). If I need higher mags, then I use SEMs.

hey all ..

any of u got any lobang if we want to sell our photos ?? my fren suggested Spore Tourism Board but u must ve contacts rite ?? any marketplace for such transaction ?? :dunno:

THANX .. :D

For me, hobby suppose to have fun. If the criteria having this photography hobby is to make money, I will switch to bowling.:bsmilie:

Cheers.:cool:

Originally posted by SzennyBoy

No Lah... me engineer not medical research type (although used to be!). I look at metals and polymers that have failed from testing or from actual service failures. Either working with the bellows (up to 14x mag) or with a stereo-microscope (100x mag normal SLR or approx. 150x "mag" on DSLR). If I need higher mags, then I use SEMs.

R u a material enginneer?

Originally posted by suhaimig
For me, hobby suppose to have fun. If the criteria having this photography hobby is to make money, I will switch to bowling.:bsmilie:

It 's fun. Cooking/baking can be one's hobby. However, come new
lunar new year this skill could be put to good use.

I guess most of us take this as hobby. If someone like you work and decided to pay you a sum to buy it. I am sure you won't mind, right?

I would suggest soccer if you decided to take up bowling. :p

Originally posted by roon2c
R u a material enginneer?

Not quite... a mechanical engineer (basic degree) with additional research training in NDE material characterisation (PhD & research work at the Uni) but I now work in an oil & gas engineering consultancy where I over-see our small laboratory which we use for failure investigations.

It 's fun. Cooking/baking can be one's hobby. However, come new
lunar new year this skill could be put to good use.

I guess most of us take this as hobby. If someone like you work and decided to pay you a sum to buy it. I am sure you won't mind, right?

I would suggest soccer if you decided to take up bowling. :p

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm Not the stereo type.:D

I hope you made more money on coming lunar new year.

Thanks again.

haha my girlfriend make money modelling for photographers... properly clothed by the way.

:D

Originally posted by zekai
haha my girlfriend make money modelling for photographers... properly clothed by the way.

:D

Lucky you. Some guys have all the luck..

Be prepared to recieve lots of pm for model contact. )

Hmm... I used to make some money covering companies' DnD and functions. Mostly recommended by friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.