Did you know that your photo has been leeched ?

Did you know that your photo has been leeched and posted on other forums ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
Did you know that your photo has been leeched and are posted in several local forums such as HWZ and other websites ?

I have seen fellow csers like AlvinZ, YLSX, Eric Lee and others... especially those in P&P, i need to inform you that your images has been appearing in HWZ and others.

unless those pictures are posted there by their respective owners themselves. other than that. i felt that they should know about this.

Links! =D

Too lazy to look at HWZ. The last time I looked I ended up laughing for 2 hours about a thread about a guy batting a moth in his room with a racket and people suggesting that it was his grandpa reborn. =(

can show the links, and btw, this is not the first time that such things have happened on HWZ or even other forums.

some of the model's pictures have appeared on other forums which are taken by our very own csers.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1641297

read on and u see our fellow cser's pic there.

this is not the only thread i've notice.

i just bring this issue up to raise some awareness.

Interesting.

What defines leeching anyways - if I kope someone's picture here, but link back giving credit to photographer and a link to the thread where I koped it from, is it leeching?

Interesting.

What defines leeching anyways - if I kope someone's picture here, but link back giving credit to photographer and a link to the thread where I koped it from, is it leeching?

of course they cannot do much from the pic since the name has been placed there and watermarked.

but the fact is that people take the picture without acknowledgement and post it on another website.

you will still need to inform the photographer that you are using his picture for some proper reason and etc.

but not for such low down discussions.

Yeah, a lot of HWZ discussions are pretty inane, but that's true blue Kopitiam for you I guess. Only courtesy to just inform, hrm. I'm pretty sure most of the photographers won't really mind if it was used for something not downright shady. Though whatever those photos are being used for looks downright shady; discussion of girls, etc, didn't really read through.

of course. because this is not the first time already.

i really hope alvinz and the rest are made aware about this. because its not only hwz only...

No real way to stop leeching...

As of now I think P&P only opened to registered members (that's easy. anyone can reg an account) and there's something in place to prevent hot-linking.

But even all the scripts and what have you to prevent easy leeching cannot stop a user from doing a screen capture.

So... Solution? Don't post pictures you are afraid of losing. :rolleyes:

Did you know that your photo has been leeched and are posted in several local forums such as HWZ and other websites ?

You forgot to mention sammyboy and last time there is another web think is Sggal - cant remembered liao :sweatsm:

Leeching? Hmm.... The most are those I'd formerly posted, pretty uninteresting shots I feel.

Other ppl stealing MY WORKS? Guess not, I do the very, very rare post on chio bu/model shots and those are, at the very best - forgettable. :bsmilie:

You forgot to mention sammyboy and last time there is another web think is Sggal - cant remembered liao :sweatsm:

hmmm... this one.. didnt go so i dun know. but since you mentioned.

Links! =D

Too lazy to look at HWZ. The last time I looked I ended up laughing for 2 hours about a thread about a guy batting a moth in his room with a racket and people suggesting that it was his grandpa reborn. =(

good lungs! :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Not my photos, at the moment they probably aren't outstanding enough for anyone to want to steal them. But one of my Youtube videos has been leeched/stolen countless times.

i have seen my photo leeched by magazine

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

didn't you sue them?!

i saw my picture leached by a very popular online hardware portal as THEIR picture

so most of the time from i see, the photographer is not even made aware that photo has been used for other reasons ??

really. it makes me fume when i see photographer's work end up in sleazy websites with their names there.

i don't know if those photographer's have made any action or justice to their works yet. but i hope those images of the models that you guys have taken are protected.

and now i know some of the leechers or burggers are from HWZ and the come ClubSNAP to steal these images.

first of all.. the community need to shame these people for their acts.

so most of the time from i see, the photographer is not even made aware that photo has been used for other reasons ??

really. it makes me fume when i see photographer's work end up in sleazy websites with their names there.

i don't know if those photographer's have made any action or justice to their works yet. but i hope those images of the models that you guys have taken are protected.

and now i know some of the leechers or burggers are from HWZ and the come ClubSNAP to steal these images.

first of all.. the community need to shame these people for their acts.

because they are not photographers themselves, they wont know how it feels like to take effort making good pictures.

hence, to the general public out there, they wont be particular with copyrights as much as we does.

hence, look at it the other way, as long as the people who copied your images isn't using it for commericial purposes, it's a compliment, isn't it? =)

i think this is is a good read for fellow csers.

up for u

Status
Not open for further replies.