Did I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofunny

Nov 4, 2004
few days ago my manager and I received one e-mail from company Computer Department, which said my internet access account clicked 34,000 + times from one website called clubsnap. totally download 245mb + data.

Did I do so much?
my manager cannot believe I click more than 1000 times per day. so we both think the data is wrong. :sweat:

wonder suppose i click once enter one thread, but inside the thread there are 20 links to other pictures, url. i click once or i clicked 20 times?

possibly so! some images are linked to other sites so wow. 34K is still a large number.

scary huh? we are being tracked. at least it's clubsnap and not some other less desireable sites! ;)

All along data has been tracked, it's whether the sysadmin bothers to check where the bandwidth goes.

1000 clicks per day is entirely plausible.

Discounting sleeping time, it works out to maybe one click a minute. And you know sometimes it's more like one click per second when you're navigating.

I think what they're REALLY trying to tell you is you better spend more time working than surfing the internet.

if i'm not wrong.. clubsnap actually "refreshes" itself every now and then.. i think it's about few minutes once.. That's why the Private messages Pop-up when you receive one. I think this also considers a click.

Am I right?

245mb is ok. Mine is > 2GB (no downloads). The thing is, we sell bandwidth. :bsmilie:

yanyewkay said:
if i'm not wrong.. clubsnap actually "refreshes" itself every now and then.. i think it's about few minutes once.. That's why the Private messages Pop-up when you receive one. I think this also considers a click.

Am I right?
pages don't refresh on their own ah.. the pm pop up only appears when you navigate/click/refresh the page.

sofunny said:
few days ago my manager and I received one e-mail from company Computer Department, which said my internet access account clicked 34,000 + times from one website called clubsnap. totally download 245mb + data.

Did I do so much?
my manager cannot believe I click more than 1000 times per day. so we both think the data is wrong. :sweat:

wonder suppose i click once enter one thread, but inside the thread there are 20 links to other pictures, url. i click once or i clicked 20 times?
i think the way these forums are constructed is that each time u load a thread, it's actually loading from various sources, signature/avatars, links etc.. probably each one is counted as a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.