Did I get chopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Galaa

I saw that Alan's shop got a good rep s I bought my stuffs from them.
Just gotten a C2100uz a few weeks ago.
My Olympus C2100UZ cost me $1050...
And I bought a C210 Lens from them and they sell me for $120...
Saw one of the threads here which says C210 only cost $70 :(

Me is a silly newbie :(

Hi Galaa

just fyi
for a normal walkin at AP... they will quote 1250 for 2100UZ
Jayan went with a few friends to buy a few cameras and he manage to buy 2100UZ with a hoya filter for 950 (inclu GST)

I went AP... not so good luck 2100UZ with hoya filter 950 + 3% GST (978)

actually I come to realise that there is no perfect price in getting anything.. you win some you lose some... it comes up to the same thing. (speaking from experience in my DVD collection)

Originally posted by Galaa
I saw that Alan's shop got a good rep s I bought my stuffs from them.
Just gotten a C2100uz a few weeks ago.
My Olympus C2100UZ cost me $1050...
And I bought a C210 Lens from them and they sell me for $120...
Saw one of the threads here which says C210 only cost $70 :(

Me is a silly newbie :(

No lah...not silly at all.

The price of the C-2100UZ is still within reasonable range....in People's park the Ah Beng salesmen are asking for something like S$1.5K!!!

The C210 is a bit ex though......anyway since buy already don't think abt it so much lah.

BTW, did u get a 49mm UV guard filter to protect ur 10x zoom lens??? U should do that, won't costs u more than $10.

Anyway, u use the C-210 already tell me whether the vignetting is bad or not...if ok I'm getting one for myself too. ;)

Ya i bought a UV filter liao the next day after I bought the camera.
As for the C210 I'll say the vignetting is very much noticeable, even at full zoom. I have to use a little digital zoom to get pass the vignetting. But like what many people has said, the price to pay for the len is cheap, so the little trouble(of croping) is worth it.
I'll post some photos tomorrow taken with C210 at full zoom to show the vignetting

you probably just paid about $150 extra ($100 for the camer and $50 for the C-210) that's all.... not that great a difference.

Originally posted by Galaa
Ya i bought a UV filter liao the next day after I bought the camera.
As for the C210 I'll say the vignetting is very much noticeable, even at full zoom. I have to use a little digital zoom to get pass the vignetting. But like what many people has said, the price to pay for the len is cheap, so the little trouble(of croping) is worth it.
I'll post some photos tomorrow taken with C210 at full zoom to show the vignetting

Yup, the C-210 is very cheap.....was intending to get it but a bit put off by the vignetting problem.

Anyway, I'm getting a Hoya 49mm circular polarizer the next time i drop by SLS or Peninsula, what abt u??? :)

Originally posted by StreetShooter
The fact is that the walkins subsidise the regulars.

Yeah! For my 100th post I would like to dedicate it to those walk-in carrot heads who paid so dearly for their DCs.....;p

No offense to Galaa....

Originally posted by mpenza
you probably just paid about $150 extra ($100 for the camer and $50 for the C-210) that's all.... not that great a difference.

Not bad liao....think AP must be in a pretty charitable mood to charge u $1.05K...usual walk-in price is abt $1.25K.....b4 GST!!! :eek:

Either that or Galaa is female and is a Chio Bu?!?! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.