Dhoby Ghaut Station's Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
Anyone notice the seats inside Dhoby Ghaut's station? It is so smooth and it might slip if someone sit on it and not careful, it is very dangerous especially for elderly people.
Take a look on how stupid the design is :-

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3050/dsc00008ma7.jpg

I am even more pissed off with the mobileTV thing inside the MRT train, esp the newly designed one, when you sit down, the lamp on top will block part of the screen! What are those so-called talents doing??? And worse of all, still year by year increase the fare! :thumbsd:

this matter already brought up in the net and newspaper
something will be done soon i suppose

While I understand your message, there is no use if you don't write this down in one of those feedback folders that you can get from the stations.........

Writing it here only relieves yourself, but serves no other purpose.....the MRT company doesn't read Clubsnap :)

There are a few other things that can be improved, some of the older designs were actually better but there was a makeover of the interior of the stations about ten years ago.....especially the signing is getting worse now. it is actually an art by itself, but it is now done by a designer who probably don't take trains themselves......

HS

Seat smooth also complain.
Seat rough also complain.

!!! So what, must have detector, got two types of seat. The durian one will come out when elderly people sit down. The smooth baby backside one will come out when young boys and girls sit down.

Then the elderly will start complaining that got discrimination!
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

not only Dhoby Ghaut... Raffles Place also have such seats.

These are the seats u find at bus stops as well! But no one has ever complained abt the ones at the bus-stops..

yeah i guess it's the same as the bus stop ones ... not really for resting ur butt.. still need to use ur legs to support abit... kind of used to it now..

These are the seats u find at bus stops as well! But no one has ever complained abt the ones at the bus-stops..

The bus stops ones are free of the back wall while the MRT ones are too close to the wall. Thus u can actually sit on it.

Bad design.

Yeah...I agree with the TS that those seats are totally useless. Too slippery to be of any practical use. Those at the bus stops are at least wider and slightly lower so more practical.

Another very very annoying thing with both SMRT and SBS Transit trains are the highly intrusive advertisements that are pasted on the windows of the train. I do not understand why LTA actually allow them to to so. Some of them practically blocked out 50% of the window areas and when you are sitting down or even when standing you can't even see the station names/signs. On a more serious note, these are safety hazards as train passengers can't see what is going on outside the train.

Well, those are bum rests. Not actually meant for sitting per se. U basically shift ur weight to ur bum so that it eases the load off ur tired feet.

Anyway, MRT gets u home in abt 30mins where u can sit to ur heart's content. Plus after 1 whole day at the office sitting, reach home sit somemore, what's 30mins of standing? :dunno:

Yeah...I agree with the TS that those seats are totally useless. Too slippery to be of any practical use. Those at the bus stops are at least wider and slightly lower so more practical.

Another very very annoying thing with both SMRT and SBS Transit trains are the highly intrusive advertisements that are pasted on the windows of the train. I do not understand why LTA actually allow them to to so. Some of them practically blocked out 50% of the window areas and when you are sitting down or even when standing you can't even see the station names/signs. On a more serious note, these are safety hazards as train passengers can't see what is going on outside the train.
They are not interested in service, but in making money by earning from Advertisement space...........

Also, there are so little info on the MRT lines in the older trains (removed) instead they were replaced by ads.......

HS

Anyway, MRT gets u home in abt 30mins where u can sit to ur heart's content. Plus after 1 whole day at the office sitting, reach home sit somemore, what's 30mins of standing? :dunno:

Its not like this... Not everyone has a desk-bound job where they just sit the whole day. Pop into any shopping centre... all the sales people there have to stand the whole day! Also, these silly seats are in the Orchard area... after hours of walking n shopping, people really need to rest their feet n butt!!!

it slip because it is too high.. it should be replaced.. they never test sitting on it before:think:

It's not meant for sitting. It's more like a "rest support". They know if they made it a full seat, the students will just sit on it and never give it up.

Honestly? I like them. They let me relax just a little bit for a couple minutes before the train comes. Nice butt support to let me relax my legs and back a bit.

it slip because it is too high.. it should be replaced.. they never test sitting on it before:think:

I noticed the new seats sometime ago and tried sitting on them briefly without much success but did not think much of it. After reading this thread, I tried resting my bum on one this morning on the way to work and found that it was almost impossible to do so as it was too high, the top surface was tilting at an angle and the texture of the surface was too slippery. I had to constantly push my body/bum against the seat or it would slip >>> totally useless piece of metal.

The seats are fine...

When old people sit on them and start sliding, they will pee in their pants, thus creating a natural traction and retard their fall and preventing certain death.

The seats are fine...

When old people sit on them and start sliding, they will pee in their pants, thus creating a natural traction and retard their fall and preventing certain death.

Liquid is a lubricant.

Status
Not open for further replies.