mace1980

Jan 20, 2007
East & West
posted by: mace1980

title: Devine revelation

posting date: 12 May 2007

C&C welcomed. :sweat:

devinerevelation.jpg

the sun rays look too postprocess for me as there are other parts with bright sunlight in the top left hand but without the rays showing.

I find the big umbrella on the left a bit distracting.

yeah.. agree wif androo.. look far too PP. and if u look past the rays, ur foreground is rather distracting.. there's too much detail and stuff in the pic.. the umbrellas in the bottom, the construction on the right, etc.

Were the rays present on the original image? Somehow I get a feeling that the rays were created/painted after the image was taken. I can't imagine that such crepuscular rays would reach almost till ground level in a city.

Possibly they were not painted, but they just look somehow out of place.

TS better write more.. I don't think it really fits guidelines. So it should be removed soon unless something is done in that aspect.

There are many things to nitpick at though, Other than what has been mentioned by the rest, i.e. rays out of place, look fake and overly processed.. The composition is quite inexistant in the first place. Far too many elements competing for attention, with far too much colour. The umbrellas, the many buildings.. I don't know what to look at, and the rays just top it off by simply being present.

Perhaps you were wowed by "the moment" and wanted to capture it.. But seriously, taking a better angle would improve the picture a lot, not to mention about whatever PP you have done. =)

It was taken off the critiques corner by the mods cos i didn't follow the new rules for posting there.

there is merely a movement, not a deletion, hence no need to repost. perhaps you would like to lock this thread and continue on the next identical with most comments. however, i suggest you do other attempts becos the flaw of the picture, with or without the ps, lies in the lack of interesting subject and cluttered composition. try many shots and only post your best (or shots that you like), then see what can be improved on your best shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.