Development of Digital Photographs


Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#1
Where is a good place to go develope pictures taken with a Olympus C700?

Do i bring along my smart media card only or do i save it in diskette?

How much would it cost for a 4R print?

Kindly advice.
 

taicw

New Member
Jan 30, 2002
407
0
0
Northen Singapore
www.pbase.com
#2
There are a few threads on the topic of where to develop and the cost. I think they can be found under consumer's corner

You can either pass the smartmedia or memory card to them, or on other storage media such as a CD-R or CD-RW. It might cheaper to put only those pictures you want to print onto the CD-RW or storage media and pass it to them instead of telling them which pictures to select on the storage media.

Just a rough cost, the base charge is about $5, and fuji e-pic charges $0.50 and standard photo charges $0.35 per 4R.
 

chaotic

New Member
Feb 14, 2002
697
0
0
39
#3
was just curious about the base charge of $5? why don't clubsnap people go together and print? therefore, sharing the $5 base cost. what do you think?
 

#4
Originally posted by taicw
There are a few threads on the topic of where to develop and the cost. I think they can be found under consumer's corner

You can either pass the smartmedia or memory card to them, or on other storage media such as a CD-R or CD-RW. It might cheaper to put only those pictures you want to print onto the CD-RW or storage media and pass it to them instead of telling them which pictures to select on the storage media.

Just a rough cost, the base charge is about $5, and fuji e-pic charges $0.50 and standard photo charges $0.35 per 4R.
Hi,

The $5 base charge is required when you sent the pictures through the internet. However if you bring your photo (CD-R, Zip disk, etc etc) directly to the shop, there is no additional $5. The price for each 4R print from digital is still $0.50 though.

Rgds,
KS
 

taicw

New Member
Jan 30, 2002
407
0
0
Northen Singapore
www.pbase.com
#5
[QOUTE]The $5 base charge is required when you sent the pictures through the internet. However if you bring your photo (CD-R, Zip disk, etc etc) directly to the shop, there is no additional $5. The price for each 4R print from digital is still $0.50 though. [/QUOTE]

Oops, thanks kssim for the clarification, never sent it to fuji b4, only sent it to standard photo. For standard photo, handed the CD-RW to the shop, the $5 still applied, but the pics are $0.35 for each 4R
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#6
Originally posted by kssim


Hi,

The $5 base charge is required when you sent the pictures through the internet. However if you bring your photo (CD-R, Zip disk, etc etc) directly to the shop, there is no additional $5. The price for each 4R print from digital is still $0.50 though.

Rgds,
KS
are you sure? which shop is that? some fujifilm shops still charge $5 handling fee.
 

#7
Originally posted by mpenza


are you sure? which shop is that? some fujifilm shops still charge $5 handling fee.
If you're staying in the west, Paradise Photo in Jurong West Extension does not charged me the $5 handling fee when I send my photos down direct.

Rgds,
KS
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#8
Hi.

Thank you all for the clarification...

Cheers.

Will go to a fuji shop.

Anyway, does anyone know of a decent one with good service around town area?

Cheers! :)
 

taicw

New Member
Jan 30, 2002
407
0
0
Northen Singapore
www.pbase.com
#9
You can try Raffles Place, there's a fuji outlet and a standard photo outlet very near each other. the Standard photo outlet is located at the Arcade and the Fuji outlet is just in the next building. Sent my pics to the Standard photo outlet for developing.
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#10
Originally posted by taicw
You can try Raffles Place, there's a fuji outlet and a standard photo outlet very near each other. the Standard photo outlet is located at the Arcade and the Fuji outlet is just in the next building. Sent my pics to the Standard photo outlet for developing.
Ok...

Thanks.

So if i hand over mt SM card, i am allowed to specify which shots i want developed right?

Thanks. :)
 

#11
Just to inform you... They will not be liable to any damage to the media or pictures and they'll have to keep the media till you collect the photos... so you may have to leave your SM with them for a day or two...

Is it a good idea will be up to you... Many people burn into CD-Rs to protect their CF or SM
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#12
Originally posted by Flare
Just to inform you... They will not be liable to any damage to the media or pictures and they'll have to keep the media till you collect the photos... so you may have to leave your SM with them for a day or two...

Is it a good idea will be up to you... Many people burn into CD-Rs to protect their CF or SM
Would a 1.44 Mb diskette do?
 

taicw

New Member
Jan 30, 2002
407
0
0
Northen Singapore
www.pbase.com
#13
I've never considered a 1.44mb disk coz with the present resolution for my 2.1 mp cam, i prob can only store 1-2 pics at norm to high resolution on it. Kinda impractical.

I'd rather use a CD-RW as it can be reused many times.. just copy the pictures u want to develop onto it and send it in. In the event that it is damaged, at least it's much cheaper than a CF or SM being spoilt. Less stress over waiting for it to come back safely :)

Another alternative might be Zip disks, think those should be accepted too.

Just my 0.0001 cents
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#14
Originally posted by taicw
I've never considered a 1.44mb disk coz with the present resolution for my 2.1 mp cam, i prob can only store 1-2 pics at norm to high resolution on it. Kinda impractical.

I'd rather use a CD-RW as it can be reused many times.. just copy the pictures u want to develop onto it and send it in. In the event that it is damaged, at least it's much cheaper than a CF or SM being spoilt. Less stress over waiting for it to come back safely :)

Another alternative might be Zip disks, think those should be accepted too.

Just my 0.0001 cents
Thanks a bundle. :)
 

S

sunyee

Guest
#15
guys i am working as a despatch
i was thinking maybe i can offer my service to collect all member mediacard/storage and sent to dealer who do printing cheaper?
i can get a very good price from those minilab rather then member have to search around looking for cheap print?
 

B

butters

Guest
#16
do the fuji outlets to the processing themselves(ie in the shop) or do they send it for centralised processing? cuz am thinking whether to send it to the small outlet @ my neighbourhood or send it to a larger outlet downtown... cuz my reasoning is tt the downtown ones would have more experienced staff in handling these things...
 

S

sunyee

Guest
#18
larger chain shop like soo kee can do themself with fuji frontier
mini lab then putup fuji services sent to fujifilm main lab in AMK
except photofinish chain shop which they have digi machine itself
some mini lab do have frontier machine too but not much cos it was launch last june and worth more then 250,000,000 hence not much mini lab have the machine
 

pit

New Member
Mar 12, 2002
128
0
0
#19
Sunyee - wonderful idea.

I'll up it - why don't you allow us to send the photos to you by email. Then when it's ready, send it to us ? That way you make only one trip.

Hell, you can make a business out of it - so long if the price is right !!!

Then when you earn enough, simply get a cheap web site and turn it into a full fledged business. I for one will support it - so long if the price is right.

So far the closest competitor should be 99photo, who charges $5 handling and $0.50 per 4R.

Keep us posted dude.
 

S

sunyee

Guest
#20
err by doing this i will need to invest on the CDRW lol
hmm but not a bad idea just tell me if anyone is interested
if the responce is good i will work into it and see how thing can work out :)
i am here provide service lol if i am going for service dongphyscially is even better :p j/k
well share around and see if more ppl r interested
as suggest :
email me he pic with me
i will burn on the CD then send for print
when it done send the photo back to your door step or self collect
or maybe do a MO collection point where everyone come self collect?
then collect money ...
as for the price...i reserve it until this plan start rolling ok?
i let u guys discuss and decided which amount is comfortable :)
one thing for sure...u dont have to look out for the cheapest shop lol
and confirm no handering charges :) but i have to take into considration that if i only receive less then 10 pic print lol
 

Status
Not open for further replies.