mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
At Standard Photo and Singapore Color Centre using Kodak paper,

>20 copies, $0.35 for each 4R
<$8, handling charge of $4.

$1.50 for 5R and $4.50 for 8R

some accept the discount card (15% discount).

Is the Safra membership or the Radio card considered a discount card?:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Jethro
Is the Safra membership or the Radio card considered a discount card?:thumbsup:

you have to confirm with individual shops. seems like a consistent policy is not implemented yet. some shops do not accept any discount cards at all.

SOrry to post the same thing over at two different board...

WOuld like to know how do we transfer the image over to them for processing??

Originally posted by MadAnt
SOrry to post the same thing over at two different board...

WOuld like to know how do we transfer the image over to them for processing??

no problem :) do check this forum here for updates on prices :)

you could pass your precious memory cards to them or use CD-Rs like I do... They probably take diskettes too, although you'll need to bring a lot in view of the limited capacity.

btw, crop your pics to 3:2 ratio first before sending for development. e.g. if your pics are 1600x1200, crop them to 1600:1067. If you don't crop, they'll crop for you and you might lose some heads ;p

Originally posted by mpenza
At Standard Photo and Singapore Color Centre using Kodak paper,

>20 copies, $0.35 for each 4R
<$8, handling charge of $4.

$1.50 for 5R and $4.50 for 8R

some accept the discount card (15% discount).

Hi KC, do you have the locations/addresses of the 2 locations you mentioned above?

Hmm.. you mean if I send at least 23 pics (23 x $0.35 = $8.05), I just have to pay $8.05? No additional handling charge? Thanks!

Originally posted by azone

Hi KC, do you have the locations/addresses of the 2 locations you mentioned above?

Hmm.. you mean if I send at least 23 pics (23 x $0.35 = $8.05), I just have to pay $8.05? No additional handling charge? Thanks!

DBS centre in Tampines Central have the store =)

How long do they take to process?

Actually, I find that the color of the prints done by Standard Photo and Singapore Color Center unsatisfactory. The colors they do are not consistent and may vary from outlet to outlet.

I usually develop my photos at Standard Photo but recently, I tried developing them at Photo Finish instead. Photo Finish prints gives me better colors than the ones from Standard.

Moreover, the staff at the Standard Photo outlets are mostly aunties and I dun think they do color correction for us! The staff at Photo Finish looks better trained and knowledgeable too.

Just my opinions ;)

depends on which outlet I guess. not all Photofinish outlets have the same quality prints.

I've printed at Standard Photo in Raffles Place. I'm satisfied with the prints when compared to Fujifilm (outlet in Tanjong Pagar), Ofoto and Fujifilm (when it was by geofoto).

I tried the Fuji shop (Candid Digital or something) at clementi central (moved from clementi MRT). 1 day service. But have to pay $5.00 service for each media, $0.50 for each 4R. More expensive tho, but they print in in shop. Appears to perform some colour adjustment (sent in my raw image on my CF card).

you can try at NETS IMAGE...in IKEA building....they colour correct for you.....i,m satisfied with their service so far.....

Photofinish prints digital too? Anyone knows what's the price and handling charge at Photofinish?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by KoolBlue
Actually, I find that the color of the prints done by Standard Photo and Singapore Color Center unsatisfactory. The colors they do are not consistent and may vary from outlet to outlet.

I usually develop my photos at Standard Photo but recently, I tried developing them at Photo Finish instead. Photo Finish prints gives me better colors than the ones from Standard.

Moreover, the staff at the Standard Photo outlets are mostly aunties and I dun think they do color correction for us! The staff at Photo Finish looks better trained and knowledgeable too.

Just my opinions ;)

1st Lot Express at Choa Chu Kang Lot1 shopping mall charge 35 cent each & no handling fee for > 50 pic.
using kodak royal paper & takes 1 day processing so far.

quite surprise they return me the CD RW on the spot after copying :)

The more established labs will be using the higher end Noritsu Printers which actually has a few different models, some which gives a higher quality. But certainly also depends on the printing paper. i prefer to print at Colorlab, located at Aldephi, which also offers 2 hour service.

my 2cts...

Originally posted by fiery
Photofinish prints digital too? Anyone knows what's the price and handling charge at Photofinish?

Thanks in advance.

Almost every PhotoFinish prints digital, some takes 4 days, some offers 1 day or urgent services.

4R @ 50cents
$5 handling chg

Status
Not open for further replies.