Developing photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyfer

Mar 23, 2009
Hi guys,

i sent my pics for developing at parkway till i spotted a guy from a photoshop editing customers pictures, and obviously they doesn't really care whether your pics are nice, spending around 1 to 2 seconds editing from pic to pic

editing in the sense that increasing the brightness, decreasing and also cropping the pictures,

noticing that some of the pics, he crop off the shoes of the subject, over exposed etc etc.... sad... since most of the time cropping would be needed when we develop 4R, can we like cropped the pics ourselves first just in case they crop wrongly and kind of lock our files from editing since we edited already?

if there is whats the software or other better solutions to this prob?

Thanks in advance

Change your lab or tell them not to edit ur pictures and if they edit will not pay bring ur laptop or store it in ur hp for reference

If you tell him not to crop, he won't crop what. I think the problem arises because for example Canon's aspect ratio is 3:2 or something, whilst 4R is not that ratio, so must chop

If u have already edited, just tell them not to crop and they will not do so. Exposure and color adjustment vary from operator to operator. Unless u have the labs color profile for prints, else some adjustment is needed on the labs side to your pictures, so try to stick with the lab which works for u.

define develop, print???

or develop film

if you ask them to scan and not edit, they even happier........ no work to do...

If you tell him not to crop, he won't crop what. I think the problem arises because for example Canon's aspect ratio is 3:2 or something, whilst 4R is not that ratio, so must chop

4R is 4"x6". That is 3:2.

Hi guys,

i sent my pics for developing at parkway till i spotted a guy from a photoshop editing customers pictures, and obviously they doesn't really care whether your pics are nice, spending around 1 to 2 seconds editing from pic to pic

editing in the sense that increasing the brightness, decreasing and also cropping the pictures,

noticing that some of the pics, he crop off the shoes of the subject, over exposed etc etc.... sad... since most of the time cropping would be needed when we develop 4R, can we like cropped the pics ourselves first just in case they crop wrongly and kind of lock our files from editing since we edited already?

if there is whats the software or other better solutions to this prob?

Thanks in advance
When sending images for lab printing, customers has to right to reject the photo if the fault clearly is on lab side. but garbage in garbage out, customers better ensure sending the right things to the lab to not to waste money.

if a customer sent it bad quality photos, there is little room for the lab to salvage it, and if the images were not in a correct aspect ratio for the paper size customer ordered, usually the lab will inform customers about it, customers has to decide to change the paper size to fit the correct aspect ratio, or stick to the paper size them want and either have white borders on two side or let the lab crop it.

for cropping to correct aspect ratio, the lab have to use Adobe Photoshop to open each images to do manual cropping, these are chargeable service, and not all labs offer such service also.

imagine if you send in 200 pics for a lab to do cropping and image editing. Its not going to be a free service. Time taken for each pic x 200 is alot

nope dun need to use photoshop to crop. The noritsu machines have cropping functions. Agree that garbage in garbage out. Had a customer printing 1000+ pcs of 4R of her wedding and complained alot why we did not edit the photos for her(i.e. red eye and pimple removal). When we told her we only try to correct the color, she went on to find fault with the white balance etc which is not realli our fault...... In the end reprint by 4 different print ops she still not happy. A good photo + good print operator = good print.

nope dun need to use photoshop to crop. The noritsu machines have cropping functions. Agree that garbage in garbage out. Had a customer printing 1000+ pcs of 4R of her wedding and complained alot why we did not edit the photos for her(i.e. red eye and pimple removal). When we told her we only try to correct the color, she went on to find fault with the white balance etc which is not realli our fault...... In the end reprint by 4 different print ops she still not happy. A good photo + good print operator = good print.
this type of customers are nightmare of photographers, lab people or any vendors, will rather stay far far away from them if possible.

I always tell the photo-lab assistants not to do any editing for me.

can someone recommend me a good shop to develop photos? are you guys still going to KT at HongLim ?

some shops wanted to charge me $2 per 4R for passport photos (8 passport size photos on a 4R). They are not even doing anything special..why can they command this pricing?

can someone recommend me a good shop to develop photos? are you guys still going to KT at HongLim ?
Useful addresses of common photographic equipment/services shops

Gathering new info for photo developing shops

some shops wanted to charge me $2 per 4R for passport photos (8 passport size photos on a 4R). They are not even doing anything special..why can they command this pricing?
$5 to cut up a 40 cent 4R pix.

KT is good.

for passport prints, just print at home if u have a colour/photo printer

thanks catch lights...I MIA in CS for a long time, missed out all those discussions...

still thinks that the shop should not exploit customer for developing the 8 photos on 4R, I am not even asking them to cut for me...just normaly processing as per 4R photos...

Most shop i know wouldn't mind u if u print the 8 35mm x 35mm photos on a 4R. They only start getting frustrated when customers starts requesting using the photo cutter or scissors as:
1.) Affects their workflow(esp for shops which are very busy).
2.) Feel that customers are not respecting their different pricing strategy (u pay for premium service).
Thats from what i observe.

what's the charges for KT now?

100 for 30c each?

Status
Not open for further replies.