Developing photos vs converting to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudgecake83

May 31, 2007
Would like to ask with a normal 35mm film, is it better to develop the photo or convert to cd?

2) how badly affected of the quality to convert to cd instead of developing it

3) does it make sense to convert to cd when using 35mm film?

I'm asking this is when i bought my film from a shop the auntie asked me why i'm using film, need to spend $$ to develop so when i say now can convert to cd, she said whats the point?

so i would like to ask ppl here for your comments

hi,

you need to DEVELOP the film before you can SCAN it, and then CONVERT TO CD

as for quality of print output from SCANNED IMAGE versus FILM, i think FILM still better, but you can ask for a higher resolution scan (16 base), that will cost more.

FYI, unless you still can find those old old school color lab using analog printing machine in Singapore, almost all lab nowadays SCAN your negative first and print it digitally.

so you print from a neg, or scan it into CD and print it from digital file, it is still all in digital.

in term of cost saving, you should go fully digital. just simply do your math and you will know why.

unless you want to have the character of film, that is different story, but prepare to pay a premium for going analog.

FYI, unless you still can find those old old school color lab using analog printing machine in Singapore, almost all lab nowadays SCAN your negative first and print it digitally.

so you print from a neg, or scan it into CD and print it from digital file, it is still all in digital.

good info.

you learn something new everyday from uncle catchlights.

btw, does it mean, if you request for bigger size print from the lab, they will scan higher res?

AFAIK, yes for fuji frontier machines.
ask for scanning for the largest print size (10x15) and they'll give u a scan of about 14mp, which is the max the scanning head can go.

Would like to ask with a normal 35mm film, is it better to develop the photo or convert to cd?

2) how badly affected of the quality to convert to cd instead of developing it

3) does it make sense to convert to cd when using 35mm film?

I'm asking this is when i bought my film from a shop the auntie asked me why i'm using film, need to spend $$ to develop so when i say now can convert to cd, she said whats the point?

so i would like to ask ppl here for your comments

For me, I would prefer scanning it to CD.
So that you won't need to spend money for reprints when the prints come out not what you've expected.

When save into CD, you can even do PP on it for your own usage. ;)

16 base resolution is how many dpi?

Status
Not open for further replies.