Developing photos in west side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vil

Jan 25, 2004
Hi

Can anyone recommend any good and decently priced shops in Jurong west/west side areas for me to develop my images into print?

I have got ard 50 images to be developed into 4R sizes.

What is the estimated pricing like?

Thanks a lot!

around 30 cents per photo.

willing to go Clementi?

If you have done enough post processing, shopping centre photolabs will do fine unless you nitpick every pixel.

around 30 cents per photo.

willing to go Clementi?

If you have done enough post processing, shopping centre photolabs will do fine unless you nitpick every pixel.

thanks for you reply
so whats the waiting time like?

havent done this for a long time already :)

Can anyone recommend any good and decently priced shops in Jurong west/west side areas for me to develop my images into print?

Try Miao Laan Colour Centre, 154 Bt Batok St 11, #01-302, (S) 650154. 30 cents per print for 4R, discounts >100 prints.

For ML, the management has changed. No longer the friendly uncle Kelvyn.
The new management charge me totally different rates from when i ask them and when they charge me. I'm NEVER heading back there again.

For ML, the management has changed. No longer the friendly uncle Kelvyn.
The new management charge me totally different rates from when i ask them and when they charge me. I'm NEVER heading back there again.

The shop has several lists clearly visible stating the prices per print for the respective formats. Very easy to track and calculate. But I'm not sure whether everybody working in this shop understands the meaning of "Please don't do any colour adjustments." Inconsistent results.

The shop has several lists clearly visible stating the prices per print for the respective formats. Very easy to track and calculate. But I'm not sure whether everybody working in this shop understands the meaning of "Please don't do any colour adjustments." Inconsistent results.
I guess i went there when they just handed the management over. No list was up to tell me the pricing and the young girl at the counter was a bit blur at that point of time. She blur blur tell me a figure and upon collection, another much higher figure was collected. Was rather upset with it, but wadever, i'm just nt heading back there.

With the price-list up now, guess there wont be this kind of prob.

yes, mgt has changed. kelvyn no longer works there. the prices are also different. new price list is on display next to the entrance behind the counter

and yes... dun expect the new staff to understand wat is no adjustment... heh.. sad to say, i'm also on the lookout for a new lab in the west to do my printing.

I always send my pics to Grace Digital Lab at Sunset Way. A bit hard to get there though...

I went to ML last week. I told them I'm from CS. They charge me the same price and print on spot. Perhaps in future tell them you're from CS.

Just collected some prints from no 1 colour centre at clementi central, photos turned out decent other than some blown highlights and cropping due to my own mistake on the aspect ratio. It's fine if you're not too particular.

Pretty affordable, 25 cents for 4R, 20 cents for above 100. Self service selection through the touch screen computer. 1 hour prints.

yes, mgt has changed. kelvyn no longer works there. the prices are also different. new price list is on display next to the entrance behind the counter

and yes... dun expect the new staff to understand wat is no adjustment... heh.. sad to say, i'm also on the lookout for a new lab in the west to do my printing.

is May still around? i usually deal with her direct..

just hijacking a little, i have postprocessed and resized to 800 x 600, copied them into a disc and sent for printing. sadly, the photographs turned out so faded in clarity wise. why so?

any developer does a decent job replicating whats on my computer screen to 4r photos?

need to print about 200 or so :D

just hijacking a little, i have postprocessed and resized to 800 x 600, copied them into a disc and sent for printing. sadly, the photographs turned out so faded in clarity wise. why so?

any developer does a decent job replicating whats on my computer screen to 4r photos?

need to print about 200 or so :D
800X600 for 4R? I think that might be too pixelated.

If you want good quality, should be 300 dpi. So thats 1800X1200... :)

I went to ML last week. I told them I'm from CS. They charge me the same price and print on spot. Perhaps in future tell them you're from CS.

So conclusion is that even new management change, as long as you quote you are from CS will have discount?

i always send to another Kodak shop near 7'11.. the shop is next to car park so very easy to ddrop n go hehehe... cos there is upgrading there so hard to get there? so u live too far?
I always send my pics to Grace Digital Lab at Sunset Way. A bit hard to get there though...

Try Photo Hut its a Kodak shop located in sunset way clementi. i dunno wat e block no. haha its near 7'11 n next to a car park. I print there. i am a PSS member so got special rates. but they always very busy one leh. if i need it urgently they will try to help n print on e spot. and i like their photo paper. royal paper, quite thick then :bsmilie: i always print glossy.

Yea the kodak hut not bad, but usually i go over to Grace at sunset way.

Regarding 800 x 600, it is too low for printing even 4R usually i resize to at least 1600 x XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.