developing film in coffee (anyone tried this?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible, but leceh like hell. If you want cheap, get HC-110. Can't be cheaper and safer than this. Coffee development takes time, patience (to test your developer) and most of all... rolls of film. I tried it, then went back to my classic developer.

only problem i have with the chemicals is how to dispose of them properly? at least with the coffee one, no need to worry too much! haha

the prints don't look too bad.. but it sure sounds really crazy.

Possible, but leceh like hell. If you want cheap, get HC-110. Can't be cheaper and safer than this. Coffee development takes time, patience (to test your developer) and most of all... rolls of film. I tried it, then went back to my classic developer.

hey man, meant to ask you.. what sort of washing soda you use? any sort? like persil or something?

I have developed film and paper in Cool-Aid before. Interesting tones.

Develop in coffee will have a warmer, more retro look. Make sure the coffee is at room temperature though. ;)

sounds fun... ;p

I have developed film and paper in Cool-Aid before. Interesting tones.

Develop in coffee will have a warmer, more retro look. Make sure the coffee is at room temperature though. ;)

are there alternatives to cool-aid in singapore? don't recall seeing it being sold anywhere..unless i'm mistaken..

anyway, just fixed up my rangefinder...hoping to try this real soon after i get my dark bag and film canister

Just tried developing Tmax 400 black and white film using the instant coffee method.

Hwahhh .... very surprised to see pretty good results.

I used supermarket ingredients (instant coffee, acetic acid crystals and sodium carbonate) to develop the film (20 mins in room temp) but used a proper fixer to fix it thereafter.

Don't worry about being exact in your ingredient measurements ...

It's really about experimentation and having fun in the process.

I wonder how the coffee will taste after that....

Status
Not open for further replies.