developing digital photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiszRie

Oct 15, 2006
Singapore
anyone knows of places which is able to develop digital sized photos (1024x768) with good quality?

i've been to a couple of Fujifilm developing outlets but the 4RDSC prints are somewhat lacking in sharpness and accuracy, theres even significance difference between the photos developed from the 2 different outlets, one of them is fairly good but the other simply CMI.

So, i'm just wondering if theres any outlets around that has been tested and proven to develop good quality prints for digital sized photos.

thanks!

the problems lies with your photos... the pixel are a little too "pathetic" (0.8MP)

the problems lies with your photos... the pixel are a little too "pathetic" (0.8MP)

hehe, so, a resolution of 1800x1350 @ 300dpi is recommended for good quality prints?

i'll keep that in mind for the photos i'm sending for printing ^^

btw, do we have to convert our photos to specific ICC profiles prior to sending em for printing? or do we just leave as it is, in its default profile?

not really, this method is only preventing pixelation of original image during printing.

if the original image quality is poor, they is nothing much to improve.

no worries! i've already re-postprocessed all the photos that i'm sending for printing to 1800x1350 (landscape) and 1350x1800 (portrait) in 300dpi

=)

no worries! i've already re-postprocessed all the photos that i'm sending for printing to 1800x1350 (landscape) and 1350x1800 (portrait) in 300dpi

=)

just out of interest, does the size ratio have to be 3:2 when printing? or else does it come slightly letterboxed?

just out of interest, does the size ratio have to be 3:2 when printing? or else does it come slightly letterboxed?

if you want to have 4R (3:2) print from a 3:4 image, of course you either have a letterboxed or partial crop off.

for print size and ratio, please refer here

Status
Not open for further replies.